`High tea` makes way for `high coffee` Down UnderJul 6, 4:59 pm
Chef and coffee connoisseur Stefano Manfredi has recently teamed up with the InterContinental Sydney to create an afternoon tea with a difference - one that will entice coffee drinkers to experience a sinful level of indulgence.
The five-star hotel says its three-tiered plate replete with dainty savoury and sweet treats, which are paired with a mind-boggling array of caffeinated beverages, is unique in Australia.
“As far as we know, our high coffee is the first of its kind in Australia,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted InterContinental Sydney’s executive chef Tamas Pamer as saying.
Pamer said visitors to the hotel, built around the restored Treasury Building, dating from 1851, are looking for new ways to indulge and high coffee is hitting the spot.
“We have been catering to Australia’s tea drinkers with our popular traditional high tea for years. The time has come for coffee drinkers to be spoilt too,” he stated.
This culinary extravagance begins with an espresso martini (chilled espresso, vanilla-infused vodka, coffee liqueur and spice syrup) matched to a selection of gourmet sandwiches (smoked salmon, Wagyu beef and roasted chicken).
Next up is a cafe freddo (espresso shaken with ice and sugar and served in a glass) paired a variety of warm savoury delights - mini beef and burgundy pies, prosciutto and asparagus quiches and feta and olive mini muffins.
Mouth-watering desserts, such as Belgian waffles, salted caramel eclairs, scones with jam and cream (with and without sultanas) and cakes of all descriptions, are then matched to a coffee of the guest’s choice.
High coffee is 55 dollars per person. (ANI)
- Chicago man crushes Ferris Wheel ride world record
- Do men behave better than women while traveling?
- Words that can kill marriages revealed
- Foreigners to outnumber Brits in London by 2031
- Tepees latest household craze in US
- Toddler who survived Saudi car crash found moving in body bag
- Dog sings along to fav Adele song
- Colourful socks trending among fashion loving men
- Who you should or shouldn't listen to when it comes to relationships
- Teens in relationship experience both sides of dating violence