1 in 4 brides unhappy on wedding day after failing to reach target weight lossJul 24, 6:05 pm
London, July 24 (ANI): One in four brides, who goes on a diet in the run-up to her wedding does not enjoy the big day, because she has not reached her target weight, a survey has revealed.The poll, for the New Atkins Diet, also found that although six months before a wedding is the most popular time for women to start dieting, one in seven admitted that she began to slim a year or even 18 months before walking down the aisle.The average weight loss by brides-to-be was 11lbs 3ozs, but a quarter claimed loosing between 1st and 1st 7lbs, the Daily Express reported.One third of brides who dieted admitted that they had piled most of the weight back on during their honeymoon. Only one in 20 revealed putting on more than 1st."We would urge all brides to have a safe and sensible approach to dieting," Linda O'Byrne, Atkins' chief nutritionist, said. "A quarter are failing to reach their target weight loss in time for their big day because many are not dieting correctly," she added. (ANI)
Tips for brides for their wedding day! Dec 8, 9:26 pm
New Delhi, December 8 (ANI): The top tip for trendy brides this season is to keep the overall look relaxed and not made up or artificial.Full Story »
'Troubled' student posts Craigslist ad to rent family for 8 dollars an hour Dec 8, 5:30 pm
New York, December 8 (ANI): A college student in California has posted a Craigslist ad for substitute parents for 8 dollars an hour.Full Story »
Rainbow-flag themed 'gay-friendly' Christmas lights cause outrage in Rome Dec 8, 12:45 pm
New York, Dec. 8 (ANI): Strings of rainbow-flag themed Christmas lights have caused a furor in Rome because it promoted an anti-homophobia message following the suicide of a gay teen, it has been revealed.Full Story »
Father-son escape 100-pound fine claiming snail ate their tax disc Dec 8, 12:45 pm
London, December 8 (ANI): A father-son due were saved from paying a 100-pound fine, after they were able to prove that a snail had chewed its way through tax disc of a broken down vehicle.Full Story »
- Avoid 'fat' talk and to keep fights at bay
- Dumping fiance can leave serious hole in pocket!
- Types of sports that improve kids' learning ability revealed
- 'Mysterious' Brit street artist Banksy's mural auctioned off for $209K
- Now, condom that's 'one sixth thinner than strand of human hair '
- People today living alone more than ever before
- Hawaii 'most searched' holiday destination on Bing!
- Nail art trending this season
- Porn star-couple credit on-screen sex for stronger marriage
- New linguistics study shows 'uptalk' transcends gender boundaries
TOP VIDEO STORIES