Souffle hardest to cook for BritsJul 31, 4:58 pm
London, July 31 (ANI): Britons find souffle to be the most stressful dish to cook, a survey has revealed. It is the top kitchen nightmare - not knowing whether it is going to rise to the point of collapse or rise at all, the Daily Express reported.Soggy pastry and the meat being overcooked or undercooked make beef wellington awkward to cook, while baked Alaska can be a challenge due to its tricky combination of heat and ice cream.Profiteroles are also likely to leave cooks baffled when they are made from scratch, as are the puff pastry, home-made croissants and paella.More than half of the 2,000 adults surveyed by built-in oven firm Stoves said that the thing they mess up the most is timings and one in 10 said they could never set the oven temperature correctly.Weighing ingredients correctly stumped 14 percent of amateur chefs and 12 percent of them admitted to not reading the recipe correctly."These types of dishes often find themselves on the nation's dinner party menus with hosts keen to show off their superior skills in front of friends," Celebrity chef Brian Turner said. (ANI)
Children's films send mixed messages about eating habits and obesity Dec 10, 12:01 pm
Washington, Dec 10 (ANI): A new study has suggested that many of the most popular children's movies send mixed messages about weight, eating habits and obesity, with references to dieting and "fat" body parts shown alongside characters eating unhealthy foods and partaking in sedentary activities.Full Story »
Meet the Chinese man who 'cured' backache by walking in 200 kg shoes! Dec 10, 11:56 am
Melbourne, December 10 (ANI): A Chinese man has claimed that walking in huge iron shoes weighing an outrageous 200 kilograms each has cured his back pain and haemorrhoids.Full Story »
Women satisfied with body image have happier relationships Dec 10, 11:56 am
New York, December 10 (ANI): Being in a happy relationship is linked with a better body image, a study has revealed.Full Story »
Tablet PC replaces bedtime book Dec 10, 10:49 am
London, December 10 (ANI): The rise in the use of tablet PC has replaced the bedtime book.Full Story »
- New 'Forever Pillow' designed to provide 'flexible' ways of resting head
- Scientists compile most famous people in history according to Google
- Now, 'drink' your breakfast of bacon, baked beans, eggs, and sausages!
- How to know if your child is ready to be sent to preschool
- Men `not gifted` at giving gifts!
- How to exfoliate skin in winters
- Museum of Sex to honour Linda Lovelace with 'The Eve of Porn' exhibition
- Coming soon, customized sports bras to cater to every woman's needs
- Tips for brides for their wedding day!
- 'Troubled' student posts Craigslist ad to rent family for 8 dollars an hour
TOP VIDEO STORIES