Black pudding and olives named most hated food in BritainAug 18, 4:51 pm
London, August 18 (ANI): Snails topped the list as most hated food of Britons despite heralded as an international delicacy and served in restaurants across the world, a survey has revealed.
Tripe, oysters, squid and anchovies also made up the top end of the ‘gastro-dislike’ list.
According to the Fussy Food Nation report, amongst the top 20 most hated foods were liver, olives, black pudding, kippers, blue cheese, beetroot, sardines, and Brussels sprouts, the Daily Mail reported.
What may come as a shock to foodies, is the fact that delicacies such as avocado, goats’ cheese, pate, prawns and mushrooms have also made the top 40 most disliked foods.
And it’s children, who are the biggest culprits when it comes to refusing to eat certain foods, with 39 percent being fussy eaters.
Fussy eating fathers amount to 24 percent followed narrowly by mothers at 23 percent.
A staggering 54 percent of people in relationships say their partner is a fussier eater than they are, with a tenth of Brits even resent their partner sometimes because they don’t like a food that they enjoy eating (10 percent).
A quarter of the 2,000 people studied feel their own diet suffers because their mother, father or sibling refuses to eat particular foods.
It's not just partners that prove fussy - forty per cent of parents confessed they'd gone to huge extents to get their kids eating greens by bribing their children to eat the food in front of them.
The study, which was conducted by Hotpoint to mark the launch of the Active Oxygen fridge freezer, which keeps food fresher for longer, also revealed 41 percent of parents sneak healthy foods into their children's meals to ensure they are getting nutrition. (ANI)
- OZ school under fire for holding mini models contest
- Cannes prostitutes can make 'up to $40K a night'
- What not to do when your spouse finds your affair
- NY bar to host 'smallest penis contest'
- Women likelier than men to blame their partner during arguments
- JK Rowling's personal copy of first Harry Potter book up for sale
- What motivates and deters burglars?
- Put baby on back to sleep and on stomach to play
- Prayer could lead to cooperation and forgiveness in relationships
- Don't blame fetish videos for shock sex cases, says porn site CEO