Massive fire engulfs residential building in VaranasiApr 29, 2:53 pm
Varanasi, April 29 (ANI): A massive fire broke out in a residential building in the wee hours of Sunday in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. No casualties reported.Four fire engines were immediately rushed to the spot to douse the blaze.An eyewitness said though the reason was not ascertained yet they assumed that it might have occurred due to the short circuit."It's very difficult to say how did the fire break out. We could only see the smoke emanating from the building. We think that it happened due to short circuit. This incident took place around 3 in the morning. Efforts are still on to douse the fire," said Prem Yadav, a local.The fire fighters have been making constant efforts to stop the fire from spreading it further."We got the orders to reach mass border near a picture hall and received the information that a fire broke out. The fire broke out around 4:45. It's a huge fire not an ordinary one," said Paramjeet Bahadur Singh, a fire brigade officer.The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained. (ANI)
Masarat Alam's arrest: Rajnath Singh congratulates J-K CM Apr 19, 10:57 pm
Chandauli, Apr. 19 (ANI): Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday congratulated Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed for arresting separatist leader Masarat Alam for raising pro-Pakistani slogans and unfurling Pakistan's flag.Full Story »
Govt. very good at publicity campaign, breaking news opportunities: Tharoor Apr 19, 10:51 pm
New Delhi, Apr. 19 (ANI): Congress MP Shashi Tharoor on Sunday said that the BJP-led government at the Centre has been very good at photo-op, sound bite, publicity campaign, party logo and breaking news opportunities, adding that one actually needs progress on the ground.Full Story »
Yechury's leadership will give CPI (M) 'a new direction': Congress Apr 19, 10:12 pm
New Delhi, Apr. 19 (ANI): Congress leader P.L. Punia on Sunday said the Communist Party of India (Marxist) will head in a new direction with the elevation of an 'extremely capable' Sitaram Yechury as the party's general secretary.Full Story »
Govt. committed to help farmers: Rajnath Singh Apr 19, 9:46 pm
Chandauli, Apr. 19 (ANI): Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government at the Centre is committed to helping the farmers, who had to bear immense crop loss due to the unseasonal rains.Full Story »
- Amit Shah urges north-east to become Congress-free for development
- Kharge targets govt., says 'there is lot of difference in saying and doing'
- Congress welcomes Yechury's elevation as CPI (M) general secretary
- Congress slams BJP, says farmers are continuously being 'harassed' by govt.
- Tripura reeling under severe fuel crisis
- Deve Gowda hopes Yechury will 're-unite Left wing'
- Kisan Rally 'desperate' move to bring Rahul Gandhi back in action: BJP
- 'Weather and PM Modi have hit farmers hard': Congress
- Yemen crisis: V.K. Singh thanks PM Modi for words of appreciation
- 'BJP should regard 'Maha Kisan Rally' as wake-up call': Ashwani Kumar
TOP VIDEO STORIES