Aarushi case: CBI court rejects Nupur Talwar's bail pleaApr 30, 1:31 pm
Ghaziabad, Apr 30 (ANI): A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court on Monday rejected the bail plea of Nupur Talwar in connection with the murder case of her 14-year-old daughter Aarushi Talwar. Rejecting the bail plea, the court sent Nupur Talwar to judicial custody.She will be moved to the Dasna Jail at around 4 p.m.However, Nupur's counsel is expected to appeal against the court's order in the sessions court.The CBI counsel had earlier in the day, opposed Nupur Talwar plea for bail, saying she was involved in Aarushi's murder case. It also gave several Supreme Court precedents to prove its point.Nupur Talwar surrendered before a special CBI court here in Ghaziabad today, following which she was taken into custody. Minutes after her surrender, Nupur's lawyers moved an application for bail.The Supreme Court on Friday had asked Nupur to surrender before the Ghaziabad court refusing to stay the non- bail able arrest warrant against her, which was issued after she failed to appear before the Ghaziabad court. Nupur and her husband Dr. Rajesh Talwar have been accused by the CBI of murdering their teenaged daughter Aarushi in May 2008. Aarushi was found dead inside her Noida residence with her throat slit. The body of the Talwars' domestic servant Hemraj was recovered from the terrace the next day. (ANI)
First round of admission begins in DU Jun 30, 10:14 am
New Delhi, June 30 (ANI): With the announcement of its first cut-off list on Wednesday, admission process for Delhi University undergraduate courses began here today.Full Story »
Surface-to-Air Missile Barak-8 test fired from ITR Chandipur Jun 30, 10:05 am
Chandipur (Odisha), June 30 (ANI): Medium range Surface-to-Air ballistic missile, Barak-8, was test fired from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur off Odisha coast this morning.Full Story »
World Bank President Jim Yong Kim to call on PM Modi Jun 30, 9:48 am
New Delhi, June 30 (ANI): World Bank President Dr. Jim Yong Kim, who is on a two-day visit to India, will call on Prime Minister Narendra Modi here today.Full Story »
Two Hizbul militants nabbed in Sopore Jun 30, 9:18 am
Sopore (Jammu and Kashmir), June 30 (ANI): Security Forces have arrested two Hizbul Mujahideen militants from Sopore area of Jammu and Kashmir's Baramulla District.Full Story »
- 7th Pay Commission: Worst pay hike in history of independent India, asserts Congress
- NCP calls on Salman Khan to end growing row over 'rape' remark
- Beijing seeks broader presence in Indian Ocean through S. China Sea: U.S.
- We 'regret' India's failure in Seoul, but won't give-up: U.S.
- Beijing seeks to broaden presence in Indian Ocean through S. China Sea: U.S.
- Mohaniya vows to prove 'conspiracy', says will nail BJP with evidence
- No hostile environment, India-Pak will hold talks: Pak envoy Basit
- Cabinet approval of road projects in Odisha, Punjab will improve connectivity: PM Modi
- Not satisfied with Salman's reply, NCW now seeks legal advice
- Assam: Army busts terror outfit in Kokrajhar
TOP VIDEO STORIES