Independent J-K MLA urges mercy for Afzal GuruJul 15, 7:52 pm
Srinagar, July 15 (ANI): An independent Jammu and Kashmir legislator, Engineer Abdul Rashid, on Sunday urged the UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee to pardon Afzal Guru, after he assumes office.Guru has been sentenced to death in December 2001 Parliament attack case.Interacting with mediapersons here, Rashid, who submitted a memorandum to Mukherjee, said, "I have requested him (Pranab Mukherjee) that once you assume the office, you would definitely have a very keen look into that. You will pardon the death penalty of Afzal Guru. I will feel proud to vote for you. He accepted my memorandum and promised me to look into it."Mukherjee addressed the legislators of the ruling coalition government of National Conference and the Congress Party, while campaigning for his candidature, and also met the PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed at his residence. (ANI)
Himachal CM evacuated from Kinnaur after 60 hours, 1700 still stranded Jun 18, 12:46 pm
Kinnaur District (Himachal Pradesh), June 18 (ANI): Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, who had been stranded in the state's tribal-dominant Kinnaur District for nearly 60 hours due to landslides triggered by incessant rains, was evacuated on Tuesday morning by a state government-owned helicopter.Full Story »
Oscar Fernandes takes charge as road transport and highways minister Jun 18, 12:46 pm
New Delhi, June 18 (ANI): Oscar Fernandes on Tuesday assumed charge as the Road Transport and Highways Minister.Full Story »
Mythological bridge row: Karunanidhi threatens to launch DMK protest against Tamil Nadu Govt. Jun 18, 12:24 pm
Chennai, June 18 (ANI): Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) leader and former Tamil Nadu chief minister Muthuvel Karunanidhi has warned incumbent Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa that he will order the launching of a state-wide protest in connection with a row over constructing a bridge along or over a mythological bridge.Full Story »
Case filed against former Union Minister Gurudas Kamat's kin for mowing down Mumbai toddler Jun 18, 12:00 pm
Mumbai, June 18 (ANI): A case has been filed against a nephew of former union cabinet minister Gurudas Kamat after he allegedly drove over a five-year-old girl here late on Monday night.Full Story »
- Narendra Modi meets Advani
- Nitish thanks Manmohan Singh for calling him a "secular leader"
- Heavy rains continue in North India, Uttarakhand worst hit; flood warning in UP, Delhi
- Narendra Modi meets M.M Joshi, may later visit Advani, Rajnath
- Marandi to meet Mukherjee, demand assembly dissolution
- BJP calls for Bihar shutdown today to protest against JD(U)'s "betrayal"
- 'I am glad Congress Party has shown trust in me': Oscar Fernandes
- Girija Vyas thanks Sonia, PM after getting Cabinet berth in UPA-II
- BJP pulls up Congress, says 'nation not going to tolerate UPA anymore'
- 'It is their internal affair': PM on JD (U) ending alliance with BJP
TOP VIDEO STORIES