Food inflation has come down from 9.01 percent to 8 percent: MukherjeeDec 1, 3:56 pm
New Delhi, Dec 1 (ANI): Finance Minister, Pranab Mukherjee on Thursday announced that the food price index had risen to 8 percent, the slowest pace in nearly four months, while the fuel price index climbed to 15.53 percent in the year to November 19."Weekly inflation figures, that relates to 19 November 2011, primary articles inflation has come down from 9.08 percent to 7.74 percent. Food articles inflation has come down from 9.01 percent to 8 percent. And after month of August, that means full September, October, for the first time it has come down to 8 percent," he told mediapersons outside the parliament.Mukherjee further said that if inflation trends continued this way, the year-end figures might sit at around 6 to 7 percent.In the previous week, annual food and fuel inflation stood at 9.01 percent and 15.49 percent, respectively.The headline inflation has stayed above 9 percent for the 11th month, despite 13 rate increases by the central bank since March 2010.The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had in its October review said if inflationary pressures started to abate by December, more rate increases might not be needed. (ANI)
Add more cheer to your IPL finale experience with Bajaj Finserv and a chance to win a 50" branded LED TV May 28, 4:09 pm
Pune, May 28 (ANI-Businesswire India): Bajaj Finserv, the undisputed leader in consumer durable finance, beckons the cricket lover in you to join them on twitter while you cheer for your favorite team in the IPL finale this Sunday.Full Story »
FundTonic to revolutionize Start-up funding works in India May 28, 3:11 pm
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI-NewsVoir): FundTonic, a fin-tech company that aims to revolutionize the entire start-up ecosystem has launched their first online platform today, which aims to reach 2000 investors and 5000 start ups by next year.Full Story »
Enhanced 'Air Traffic Service' at Delhi airport to ensure safety May 28, 3:02 pm
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI): A round the clock communication to ensure safety and accuracy at the ground and air. The world-class Air Traffic management, with better technology and coordination, at Delhi's Indira Gandhi airport makes it among the safest airports in the world.Full Story »
Ola redefines travel with luxury segment launch 'Ola Lux' in Mumbai May 28, 11:44 am
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI): Taxi aggregator Ola has introduced its newest category, 'Ola Lux' in Mumbai sensing the immense potential in the luxury segment for in-city travel. The most popular mobile app for transportation has introduced luxury sedans like Jaguar, Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Toyota Fortuner and Honda Accord amongst other high-end sedans and SUVs.Full Story »
- Brands and Bloggers Meet, first of its kind event in Delhi
- FSSAI advised to come up with standards for fortification of food grains: Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ministry
- Sensex, Nifty ends posting super gains; SBI up 9 pct
- India Inc on a drive to deepen economic partnership with Japan
- CBDT implements GAAR Provisions-Issuance of comments of stakeholders
- IIBM India disrupts distance MBA Industry with 'Online Masters Program'
- Tissot presents trendy sports watch 'Quickster'
- Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary launched 'Smart Policing and Public Safety Exhibition 2016'
- Vedanta launches 'Global Internship Program' for MBA students
- Intel India announces new initiatives supporting 'Digital India'
TOP VIDEO STORIES