Reserve Bank cuts CRR by 50 basis points, interest rates unchangedJan 24, 8:43 pm
Mumbai, Jan 24 (ANI): The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has lowered the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) by 50 basis points with effect from January 28, but kept the short-term lending rate unchanged in view of the inflationary concerns. The cut is expected to inject Rs. 32,000 crore into the system. RBI Governor D Subbarao, who unveiled the third quarterly monetary policy review, today said: "Based on the current inflation trajectory, including consideration of suppressed inflation, it is premature to begin reducing the policy rate.""Even as inflation remains elevated, despite moderation, downside risks to growth have increased. The growth-inflation balance of the monetary policy stance has now shifted to growth," he added.Subbarao further said slippage on fiscal deficit, crude prices and rupee depreciation are key challenges for inflation, which after remaining near double digit for almost two-years, came down to 7.5 percent in December last year.The CRR has been reduced to 5.5 percent from 6 percent with effect from January 28. The CRR is the amount of deposits the banks are required to keep with RBI in cash.The short-term lending rate (repo) has been kept unchanged at 8.5 per cent. (ANI)
India-Afghan Innovation Partnership Fair opens in Kabul Dec 4, 4:23 pm
Kabul, Dec. 4 (ANI):India's Ambassador to Afghanistan, Amar Sinha, inaugurated the first India-Afghanistan Innovation Partnership Fair here on Wednesday.Full Story »
Yahoo acquires mobile-video app Ptch Dec 4, 1:45 pm
Washington, Dec. 4 (ANI): Continuing with its start-up acquisition spree, Yahoo has reportedly purchased mobile-video app Ptch that was funded by Dream Works Animation for an undisclosed amount.Full Story »
TC planning to launch new smart phone in UK by early 2014 Dec 4, 1:23 pm
London, Dec. 04 (ANI): A UK High Court judge has reportedly revealed that Taiwanese mobile maker HTC is planning to release its next flagship smart phone in the UK between February and March 2014.Full Story »
J-K Govt to launch schemes to boost tourism round the year Dec 3, 7:48 pm
Srinagar, Dec.3 (ANI): The Government of Jammu and Kashmir will soon announce new schemes to boost tourism round the year, with an aim to facilitate employment opportunities for residents of the Kashmir Valley.Full Story »
- 'Ponzi king' Bernie Madoff's CFO testifies scam 'was open secret in company'
- BlackBerry sales drop to nearly zero in US, China, Spain and Japan
- US Justice Department approves Microsoft-Nokia deal
- PC market expected to post greatest contraction ever in 2013: IDC
- CEO John Chen claims BlackBerry's 'death reports' exaggerated
- Apple buys Twitter data tracking firm Topsy Labs for estimated $200mn
- Huawei decides to abandon U.S. market following strained relations with govt.
- Commerce Ministry's e-BRC project wins 2013 eASIA Award
- SPMCIL delivers Rs.84.69 crore dividend to govt.
- Nobel Prize economist warns of stock market bubble in US
TOP VIDEO STORIES