Murdoch offers his troubled UK newspaper chain to Chelsea boss AbramovichMar 21, 5:04 pm
London, Mar 21 (ANI): Media tycoon Rupert Murdoch has reportedly asked Russian billionaire and owner of Chelsea Football Club, Roman Abramovich, if he would like to buy his embattled British newspaper group.According to The Telegraph, Murdoch, who seems to be thinking that his newspapers are now proving a lot more trouble than they are worth, asked Abramovich whether he would be interested in acquiring his whole stable from The Sun to The Times.Abramovich politely heard Murdoch out, but chose not to take things forward, the report said.Spokesmen for Murdoch and Abramovich vehemently denied the story.According to the paper, there exists a precedent in wealthy Russians acquiring newspapers, with Alexander and Evgeny Lebedev's purchase of The Independent titles and the London Evening Standard freesheet. Murdoch, Chairman and CEO of News Corporation, is a pauper compared with Abramovich. The Russian tycoon is the 68th richest person in the world, according to the 2012 Forbes list, with an estimated fortune of 12.1billion dollars.Forbes has placed Murdoch at 117th place, with a net worth of 7.6 billion dollars. (ANI)
Phosphoric Acid price should be lowered to USD 600/MT: IFFCO May 29, 12:44 pm
New Delhi, May 29 (ANI-NewsVoir): Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative(IFFCO), the world's largest fertiliser cooperative federation based in India has said that Phosphoric Acid price should be lowered to USD 600/MT or even less than that.Full Story »
Add more cheer to your IPL finale experience with Bajaj Finserv and a chance to win a 50" branded LED TV May 28, 4:09 pm
Pune, May 28 (ANI-Businesswire India): Bajaj Finserv, the undisputed leader in consumer durable finance, beckons the cricket lover in you to join them on twitter while you cheer for your favorite team in the IPL finale this Sunday.Full Story »
FundTonic to revolutionize Start-up funding works in India May 28, 3:11 pm
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI-NewsVoir): FundTonic, a fin-tech company that aims to revolutionize the entire start-up ecosystem has launched their first online platform today, which aims to reach 2000 investors and 5000 start ups by next year.Full Story »
Enhanced 'Air Traffic Service' at Delhi airport to ensure safety May 28, 3:02 pm
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI): A round the clock communication to ensure safety and accuracy at the ground and air. The world-class Air Traffic management, with better technology and coordination, at Delhi's Indira Gandhi airport makes it among the safest airports in the world.Full Story »
- Japan's Kyosan join hands with TSTS to cater to Indian market
- Brands and Bloggers Meet, first of its kind event in Delhi
- FSSAI advised to come up with standards for fortification of food grains: Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ministry
- Sensex, Nifty ends posting super gains; SBI up 9 pct
- India Inc on a drive to deepen economic partnership with Japan
- CBDT implements GAAR Provisions-Issuance of comments of stakeholders
- IIBM India disrupts distance MBA Industry with 'Online Masters Program'
- Tissot presents trendy sports watch 'Quickster'
- Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary launched 'Smart Policing and Public Safety Exhibition 2016'
- Vedanta launches 'Global Internship Program' for MBA students
TOP VIDEO STORIES