Yahoo prepping to 'lay off thousands of workers' in massive restructuringMar 31, 10:34 am
San Francisco, Mar 31 (ANI): Embattled Internet firm Yahoo will start laying off thousands of employees next week and would announce a plan to restructure the company, according to a report.According to technology blog All Things D, the dismissals will be 'deep' and focus on the company's product, research, and marketing units.The site said Yahoo's goal is 'to cut many thousands' of employees, although not all of the layoffs will come at once, CBS News reports.According to the website, the Internet giant's tentative restructuring plan is aimed at creating a global media division that includes the company's communications and search businesses, as well as units focused on worldwide and regional sales.Meanwhile, Yahoo has seen its revenue decline recently amid competition from Web rivals Google, Facebook and other Internet firms.The firms' stock is down 8.1 percent over the last 12 months, and 15.6 percent over the last three years. (ANI)
European Commission clears Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia Dec 5, 11:17 am
London, Dec. 5 (ANI): The European Commission has approved Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia devices and services.Full Story »
India-Afghan Innovation Partnership Fair opens in Kabul Dec 4, 4:23 pm
Kabul, Dec. 4 (ANI):India's Ambassador to Afghanistan, Amar Sinha, inaugurated the first India-Afghanistan Innovation Partnership Fair here on Wednesday.Full Story »
Yahoo acquires mobile-video app Ptch Dec 4, 1:45 pm
Washington, Dec. 4 (ANI): Continuing with its start-up acquisition spree, Yahoo has reportedly purchased mobile-video app Ptch that was funded by Dream Works Animation for an undisclosed amount.Full Story »
TC planning to launch new smart phone in UK by early 2014 Dec 4, 1:23 pm
London, Dec. 04 (ANI): A UK High Court judge has reportedly revealed that Taiwanese mobile maker HTC is planning to release its next flagship smart phone in the UK between February and March 2014.Full Story »
- Japan to expand market for natural beauty , health products
- 'Ponzi king' Bernie Madoff's CFO testifies scam 'was open secret in company'
- BlackBerry sales drop to nearly zero in US, China, Spain and Japan
- US Justice Department approves Microsoft-Nokia deal
- PC market expected to post greatest contraction ever in 2013: IDC
- CEO John Chen claims BlackBerry's 'death reports' exaggerated
- Apple buys Twitter data tracking firm Topsy Labs for estimated $200mn
- Huawei decides to abandon U.S. market following strained relations with govt.
- Commerce Ministry's e-BRC project wins 2013 eASIA Award
- SPMCIL delivers Rs.84.69 crore dividend to govt.
TOP VIDEO STORIES