End of the road for one of the world's most renowned whiskeys - Johnnie WalkerApr 18, 3:11 pm
Kilmarnock ( Scotland), April.18 (ANI): The last bottle of one of the world's renowned whiskeys - Johnnie Walker - is being filled, and after this is done, the company that brews and bottles it - Diageo - will close forever.For Black or Red Label whiskey lovers, the news would be devastating, as it will be for the 700 employees that still work at the Kilmarnock factory where the legendary whiskey has been brewed and bottled since 1820.The Scottish community has reacted with anger to the development and is protesting against the closure of the factory, reports the web site NDJ World. cottish Premier Alex Salmond has been unable to convince Diageo to keep the factory open and allow the the tantalizing liquor to continue flowing.The company had already announced in 2009 that it planned to close the Johnnie Walker factory. Of the 700 employees, 430 accepted a departure severance pay, about 200 of them found work at other jobs within the company and 82 employees were terminated.he last bottle of Johnnie Walker to roll off the assembly line will be on display at a museum that is about the history of the brand.The very first Walker's Kilmarnock Whisky bottle was sold in 1820. (ANI)
Indian Private Equity gathers highest pace, striking deals worth $14B in Jan-Sept 2015 Oct 8, 7:23 pm
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): VCCEdge, the financial research platform of the VCCircle Network, India's released its quarterly deal report for the September ended quarter 2015. The report focuses on statistical and analytical overview of deals in the private equity, merger & acquisition and public offerings space.Full Story »
Tata Global Beverages announces launch of new corporate website Oct 8, 7:23 pm
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): Tata Global Beverages (TGB) has launched its new corporate website www.tataglobalbeverages.comFull Story »
that will provide a refreshing experience to visitors through its user-friendly interface and clean navigation.
Real estate regulation bill likely to be tabled in Parliament's next session: FICCI Oct 8, 6:28 pm
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): Speaking at FICCI's Smart Cities Summit, 2015 today, Minister of Urban Development, M. Venkaiah Naidu stated that Real Estate Regulation Bill will be tabled in the next session of Parliament.Full Story »
ASSOCHAM to organize national conference on sustainable roads and highways Oct 8, 6:02 pm
New Delhi, Oct. 8 (ANI): ASSOCHAM will be hosting a national conference on the issues of ROADTECH: Sustainable Roads and Highways at Hotel Le-Meridien on Friday, October 9.Full Story »
- Pesticides in India to reach alarming level by 2019: FICCI
- IMARA reinvents classic fairy tales with A/W 15 Collection
- Man Industries to get orders worth Rs 700 crore; surges 9%
- VoxWeb's 'Speaking Picture' app all set to reinvent photograph, goes live in India
- Jaitley calls for automatic exchange of information to prevent international tax evasion
- Tourism expo promotes Japan's culture and heritage sites
- India's ICIx named finalist in AWS city on 'Cloud Innovation Challenge'
- Kerala to avail Vodafone 4G services by December end
- GlobalSpace technologies launches India's first 3 in 1 tablet 'SOLT'
- Bridgestone India launches fuel-efficient and environment-friendly tyre Ecopia
TOP VIDEO STORIES