Microsoft quarterly profits beat expectations as Windows sales rise by four percentApr 20, 4:44 pm
Washington, Apr 20(ANI): Microsoft's profits in the three months till the end of March have dropped slightly but the results still beat analysts' expectations after a surprise rise in sales of its Windows operating system.The world's largest software firm made a net profit of 5.11 billion dollars, as compared with 5.23 billion dollars in 2010.Windows sales rose by four percent against forecasts of a four percent decline, though sales at its entertainment division, which includes the Xbox console, fell by 16 percent.Its business division saw revenues increase by nine percent "reflecting the continued strength of Office 2010", the company said.Brendan Barnicle, analyst at Pacific Crest Securities , said the results looked good."Particularly good was the Windows business, which grew about four percent, more than PC industry growth. In the last few quarters, Windows has been growing less than PCs overall," he said."It's not clear yet what drove this change, but it could be that the negative impact on PCs from tablets has peaked. The Office business was particularly strong too, which is encouraging," he added.The company also noted that the results for the same quarter a year ago had been boosted by a 461 million dollar tax benefit. (ANI)
Indian Private Equity gathers highest pace, striking deals worth $14B in Jan-Sept 2015 Oct 8, 7:23 pm
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): VCCEdge, the financial research platform of the VCCircle Network, India's released its quarterly deal report for the September ended quarter 2015. The report focuses on statistical and analytical overview of deals in the private equity, merger & acquisition and public offerings space.Full Story »
Tata Global Beverages announces launch of new corporate website Oct 8, 7:23 pm
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): Tata Global Beverages (TGB) has launched its new corporate website www.tataglobalbeverages.comFull Story »
that will provide a refreshing experience to visitors through its user-friendly interface and clean navigation.
Real estate regulation bill likely to be tabled in Parliament's next session: FICCI Oct 8, 6:28 pm
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): Speaking at FICCI's Smart Cities Summit, 2015 today, Minister of Urban Development, M. Venkaiah Naidu stated that Real Estate Regulation Bill will be tabled in the next session of Parliament.Full Story »
ASSOCHAM to organize national conference on sustainable roads and highways Oct 8, 6:02 pm
New Delhi, Oct. 8 (ANI): ASSOCHAM will be hosting a national conference on the issues of ROADTECH: Sustainable Roads and Highways at Hotel Le-Meridien on Friday, October 9.Full Story »
- Pesticides in India to reach alarming level by 2019: FICCI
- IMARA reinvents classic fairy tales with A/W 15 Collection
- Man Industries to get orders worth Rs 700 crore; surges 9%
- VoxWeb's 'Speaking Picture' app all set to reinvent photograph, goes live in India
- Jaitley calls for automatic exchange of information to prevent international tax evasion
- Tourism expo promotes Japan's culture and heritage sites
- India's ICIx named finalist in AWS city on 'Cloud Innovation Challenge'
- Kerala to avail Vodafone 4G services by December end
- GlobalSpace technologies launches India's first 3 in 1 tablet 'SOLT'
- Bridgestone India launches fuel-efficient and environment-friendly tyre Ecopia
TOP VIDEO STORIES