Microsoft quarterly profits beat expectations as Windows sales rise by four percentApr 20, 4:44 pm
Washington, Apr 20(ANI): Microsoft's profits in the three months till the end of March have dropped slightly but the results still beat analysts' expectations after a surprise rise in sales of its Windows operating system.The world's largest software firm made a net profit of 5.11 billion dollars, as compared with 5.23 billion dollars in 2010.Windows sales rose by four percent against forecasts of a four percent decline, though sales at its entertainment division, which includes the Xbox console, fell by 16 percent.Its business division saw revenues increase by nine percent "reflecting the continued strength of Office 2010", the company said.Brendan Barnicle, analyst at Pacific Crest Securities , said the results looked good."Particularly good was the Windows business, which grew about four percent, more than PC industry growth. In the last few quarters, Windows has been growing less than PCs overall," he said."It's not clear yet what drove this change, but it could be that the negative impact on PCs from tablets has peaked. The Office business was particularly strong too, which is encouraging," he added.The company also noted that the results for the same quarter a year ago had been boosted by a 461 million dollar tax benefit. (ANI)
Phosphoric Acid price should be lowered to USD 600/MT: IFFCO May 29, 12:44 pm
New Delhi, May 29 (ANI-NewsVoir): Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative(IFFCO), the world's largest fertiliser cooperative federation based in India has said that Phosphoric Acid price should be lowered to USD 600/MT or even less than that.Full Story »
Add more cheer to your IPL finale experience with Bajaj Finserv and a chance to win a 50" branded LED TV May 28, 4:09 pm
Pune, May 28 (ANI-Businesswire India): Bajaj Finserv, the undisputed leader in consumer durable finance, beckons the cricket lover in you to join them on twitter while you cheer for your favorite team in the IPL finale this Sunday.Full Story »
FundTonic to revolutionize Start-up funding works in India May 28, 3:11 pm
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI-NewsVoir): FundTonic, a fin-tech company that aims to revolutionize the entire start-up ecosystem has launched their first online platform today, which aims to reach 2000 investors and 5000 start ups by next year.Full Story »
Enhanced 'Air Traffic Service' at Delhi airport to ensure safety May 28, 3:02 pm
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI): A round the clock communication to ensure safety and accuracy at the ground and air. The world-class Air Traffic management, with better technology and coordination, at Delhi's Indira Gandhi airport makes it among the safest airports in the world.Full Story »
- Japan's Kyosan join hands with TSTS to cater to Indian market
- Brands and Bloggers Meet, first of its kind event in Delhi
- FSSAI advised to come up with standards for fortification of food grains: Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ministry
- Sensex, Nifty ends posting super gains; SBI up 9 pct
- India Inc on a drive to deepen economic partnership with Japan
- CBDT implements GAAR Provisions-Issuance of comments of stakeholders
- IIBM India disrupts distance MBA Industry with 'Online Masters Program'
- Tissot presents trendy sports watch 'Quickster'
- Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary launched 'Smart Policing and Public Safety Exhibition 2016'
- Vedanta launches 'Global Internship Program' for MBA students
TOP VIDEO STORIES