India to declare tea national drink in 2013Apr 22, 11:02 am
New Delhi, April 22 (Xinhua-ANI): India will declare tea as the national drink by April next year, the country's top planner has said."The drink would be accorded national drink status by April 17 next year to coincide with the 212th birth anniversary of first Assamese tea planter and Sepoy Mutiny leader Maniram Dewan," Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia was quoted by local media, as saying Saturday. Ahluwalia made the remarks in his address at the Platinum Jubilee celebrations of the Assam Tea Planters Association in Jorhat in Assam.Maniram Dewan was the country's first indigenous tea planter who also took part in India's struggle for the freedom movement, he said. India is the largest producer and consumer of black tea in the world, with 83 percent households consuming the beverage considered to be the cheapest in the world after water. (Xinhua-ANI)
Indian Private Equity gathers highest pace, striking deals worth $14B in Jan-Sept 2015 Oct 8, 7:23 pm
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): VCCEdge, the financial research platform of the VCCircle Network, India's released its quarterly deal report for the September ended quarter 2015. The report focuses on statistical and analytical overview of deals in the private equity, merger & acquisition and public offerings space.Full Story »
Tata Global Beverages announces launch of new corporate website Oct 8, 7:23 pm
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): Tata Global Beverages (TGB) has launched its new corporate website www.tataglobalbeverages.comFull Story »
that will provide a refreshing experience to visitors through its user-friendly interface and clean navigation.
Real estate regulation bill likely to be tabled in Parliament's next session: FICCI Oct 8, 6:28 pm
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): Speaking at FICCI's Smart Cities Summit, 2015 today, Minister of Urban Development, M. Venkaiah Naidu stated that Real Estate Regulation Bill will be tabled in the next session of Parliament.Full Story »
ASSOCHAM to organize national conference on sustainable roads and highways Oct 8, 6:02 pm
New Delhi, Oct. 8 (ANI): ASSOCHAM will be hosting a national conference on the issues of ROADTECH: Sustainable Roads and Highways at Hotel Le-Meridien on Friday, October 9.Full Story »
- Pesticides in India to reach alarming level by 2019: FICCI
- IMARA reinvents classic fairy tales with A/W 15 Collection
- Man Industries to get orders worth Rs 700 crore; surges 9%
- VoxWeb's 'Speaking Picture' app all set to reinvent photograph, goes live in India
- Jaitley calls for automatic exchange of information to prevent international tax evasion
- Tourism expo promotes Japan's culture and heritage sites
- India's ICIx named finalist in AWS city on 'Cloud Innovation Challenge'
- Kerala to avail Vodafone 4G services by December end
- GlobalSpace technologies launches India's first 3 in 1 tablet 'SOLT'
- Bridgestone India launches fuel-efficient and environment-friendly tyre Ecopia
TOP VIDEO STORIES