UK investor plans to table resolution to oust News Corp chairman Rupert MurdochApr 25, 12:27 pm
London, Apr 25 (ANI): A major British shareholder group has said it is planning to table a resolution to oust media tycoon Rupert Murdoch as News Corporation chairman.The Local Authority Pension Fund Forum (LAPFF), whose members control 100 billion pounds of investments, said they are preparing to file a motion jointly with American shareholder group Christian Brothers Investment Services (CBIS).According to The Telegraph, they will call for an independent chairman to replace Murdoch, to help address the "lax ethical culture and lack of effective board oversight" exposed by News Corporation's "still emerging scandals".LAPFF and CBIS have raised concerns about Murdoch's position at News Corp before, but their resolution marks the first time that they have been able to do so with real teeth.According to the paper, their motion will be open for all News Corp shareholders to vote on, via a "proxy" form, and not just those who are able to attend the Los Angeles event in October. CBIS called for Rupert Murdoch to stand down at News Corp's last annual meeting, but the timing of the phone hacking row meant it missed the deadline and could only file a "floor" resolution, restricted to those shareholders in the room. (ANI)
India-Afghan Innovation Partnership Fair opens in Kabul Dec 4, 4:23 pm
Kabul, Dec. 4 (ANI):India's Ambassador to Afghanistan, Amar Sinha, inaugurated the first India-Afghanistan Innovation Partnership Fair here on Wednesday.Full Story »
Yahoo acquires mobile-video app Ptch Dec 4, 1:45 pm
Washington, Dec. 4 (ANI): Continuing with its start-up acquisition spree, Yahoo has reportedly purchased mobile-video app Ptch that was funded by Dream Works Animation for an undisclosed amount.Full Story »
TC planning to launch new smart phone in UK by early 2014 Dec 4, 1:23 pm
London, Dec. 04 (ANI): A UK High Court judge has reportedly revealed that Taiwanese mobile maker HTC is planning to release its next flagship smart phone in the UK between February and March 2014.Full Story »
J-K Govt to launch schemes to boost tourism round the year Dec 3, 7:48 pm
Srinagar, Dec.3 (ANI): The Government of Jammu and Kashmir will soon announce new schemes to boost tourism round the year, with an aim to facilitate employment opportunities for residents of the Kashmir Valley.Full Story »
- 'Ponzi king' Bernie Madoff's CFO testifies scam 'was open secret in company'
- BlackBerry sales drop to nearly zero in US, China, Spain and Japan
- US Justice Department approves Microsoft-Nokia deal
- PC market expected to post greatest contraction ever in 2013: IDC
- CEO John Chen claims BlackBerry's 'death reports' exaggerated
- Apple buys Twitter data tracking firm Topsy Labs for estimated $200mn
- Huawei decides to abandon U.S. market following strained relations with govt.
- Commerce Ministry's e-BRC project wins 2013 eASIA Award
- SPMCIL delivers Rs.84.69 crore dividend to govt.
- Nobel Prize economist warns of stock market bubble in US
TOP VIDEO STORIES