Swiss bank may have lost $350mln due to Facebook IPO glitchesJun 9, 3:04 pm
London, June 9 (ANI): Swiss bank UBS may have lost as much as 350 million dollars due Nasdaq stock exchange's technical glitches that marred Facebook's Initial Public Offering ( IPO) on May 18.According to a report by CNBC and The Wall Street Journal, people familiar with the matter claimed that UBS is considering legal action against Nasdaq.UBS spokeswoman Karina Byrne confirmed that the bank lost money due to Nasdaq's technical issues when Facebook's stock began trading last month.Byrne, however, declined to disclose the amount, but said it was "not material" to the bank, Express.co.uk reports.She said UBS has not taken legal action, but is weighing its options for recovering its losses."Given the size of our U.S. equities business and our role as a major market maker, UBS was affected by these issues, as we believe other market participants may have been," Byrne said.Meanwhile, Nasdaq has declined to comment on the matter. (ANI)
India-Afghan Innovation Partnership Fair opens in Kabul Dec 4, 4:23 pm
Kabul, Dec. 4 (ANI):India's Ambassador to Afghanistan, Amar Sinha, inaugurated the first India-Afghanistan Innovation Partnership Fair here on Wednesday.Full Story »
Yahoo acquires mobile-video app Ptch Dec 4, 1:45 pm
Washington, Dec. 4 (ANI): Continuing with its start-up acquisition spree, Yahoo has reportedly purchased mobile-video app Ptch that was funded by Dream Works Animation for an undisclosed amount.Full Story »
TC planning to launch new smart phone in UK by early 2014 Dec 4, 1:23 pm
London, Dec. 04 (ANI): A UK High Court judge has reportedly revealed that Taiwanese mobile maker HTC is planning to release its next flagship smart phone in the UK between February and March 2014.Full Story »
J-K Govt to launch schemes to boost tourism round the year Dec 3, 7:48 pm
Srinagar, Dec.3 (ANI): The Government of Jammu and Kashmir will soon announce new schemes to boost tourism round the year, with an aim to facilitate employment opportunities for residents of the Kashmir Valley.Full Story »
- 'Ponzi king' Bernie Madoff's CFO testifies scam 'was open secret in company'
- BlackBerry sales drop to nearly zero in US, China, Spain and Japan
- US Justice Department approves Microsoft-Nokia deal
- PC market expected to post greatest contraction ever in 2013: IDC
- CEO John Chen claims BlackBerry's 'death reports' exaggerated
- Apple buys Twitter data tracking firm Topsy Labs for estimated $200mn
- Huawei decides to abandon U.S. market following strained relations with govt.
- Commerce Ministry's e-BRC project wins 2013 eASIA Award
- SPMCIL delivers Rs.84.69 crore dividend to govt.
- Nobel Prize economist warns of stock market bubble in US
TOP VIDEO STORIES