Facebook, Yahoo in settlement talks over patent infringement lawsuitJun 21, 12:19 pm
Washington, June 21 (ANI): Yahoo is reportedly in settlement talks with Facebook over the controversial patent-infringement lawsuit filed by the embattled Internet firm against the social networking giant.According to a report by Bloomberg, Yahoo's lawyers have asked a U.S District judge for a two-week extension on deadlines to file replies in the lawsuit while the companies talk about a settlement. The lawyers also asked for a two-week delay in a motion hearing now set for August 10.According to CNET, representatives for both Yahoo and Facebook have declined to comment on the matter.The dispute between the two firms began in March when Yahoo filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Facebook.The lawsuit accused Facebook of misappropriating various Internet technologies like placing ads on Web pages and customizing views for social users. Facebook later filed a counter lawsuit, calming that Yahoo struggling infringes on ten of the social network's patent s. (ANI)
India-Afghan Innovation Partnership Fair opens in Kabul Dec 4, 4:23 pm
Kabul, Dec. 4 (ANI):India's Ambassador to Afghanistan, Amar Sinha, inaugurated the first India-Afghanistan Innovation Partnership Fair here on Wednesday.Full Story »
Yahoo acquires mobile-video app Ptch Dec 4, 1:45 pm
Washington, Dec. 4 (ANI): Continuing with its start-up acquisition spree, Yahoo has reportedly purchased mobile-video app Ptch that was funded by Dream Works Animation for an undisclosed amount.Full Story »
TC planning to launch new smart phone in UK by early 2014 Dec 4, 1:23 pm
London, Dec. 04 (ANI): A UK High Court judge has reportedly revealed that Taiwanese mobile maker HTC is planning to release its next flagship smart phone in the UK between February and March 2014.Full Story »
J-K Govt to launch schemes to boost tourism round the year Dec 3, 7:48 pm
Srinagar, Dec.3 (ANI): The Government of Jammu and Kashmir will soon announce new schemes to boost tourism round the year, with an aim to facilitate employment opportunities for residents of the Kashmir Valley.Full Story »
- 'Ponzi king' Bernie Madoff's CFO testifies scam 'was open secret in company'
- BlackBerry sales drop to nearly zero in US, China, Spain and Japan
- US Justice Department approves Microsoft-Nokia deal
- PC market expected to post greatest contraction ever in 2013: IDC
- CEO John Chen claims BlackBerry's 'death reports' exaggerated
- Apple buys Twitter data tracking firm Topsy Labs for estimated $200mn
- Huawei decides to abandon U.S. market following strained relations with govt.
- Commerce Ministry's e-BRC project wins 2013 eASIA Award
- SPMCIL delivers Rs.84.69 crore dividend to govt.
- Nobel Prize economist warns of stock market bubble in US
TOP VIDEO STORIES