Spyker sues GM for $3bn for 'deliberately bankrupting' SaabAug 7, 10:53 am
London, Aug 7 (ANI): Carmaker Saab has reportedly sued former partner General Motors for three billion dollars, accusing the U.S. auto maker of deliberately bankrupting the Swedish group by blocking a deal with a Chinese investor.Saab had been in takeover talks with a Chinese firm and filed for bankruptcy in December when those talks failed.GM, which owned part of Saab, did not want Chinese carmakers accessing Saab's technology licences. Dutch sports car maker Spyker has now filed its lawsuit in a US court on behalf of its subsidiary Saab, the BBC reports."GM's actions had the direct and intended objective of driving Saab Automobile into bankruptcy, a result of GM's tortiously interfering with a transaction between Saab Automobile, Spyker and Chinese investor Youngman that would have permitted Saab Automobile to restructure and remain a solvent going concern," Spyker said.Meanwhile, GM has rejected Spyker's claims, calling the allegations 'baseless'."We have reviewed the complaint, and it is completely without merit. We will vigorously defend the company," the firm said. (ANI)
India-Afghan Innovation Partnership Fair opens in Kabul Dec 4, 4:23 pm
Kabul, Dec. 4 (ANI):India's Ambassador to Afghanistan, Amar Sinha, inaugurated the first India-Afghanistan Innovation Partnership Fair here on Wednesday.Full Story »
Yahoo acquires mobile-video app Ptch Dec 4, 1:45 pm
Washington, Dec. 4 (ANI): Continuing with its start-up acquisition spree, Yahoo has reportedly purchased mobile-video app Ptch that was funded by Dream Works Animation for an undisclosed amount.Full Story »
TC planning to launch new smart phone in UK by early 2014 Dec 4, 1:23 pm
London, Dec. 04 (ANI): A UK High Court judge has reportedly revealed that Taiwanese mobile maker HTC is planning to release its next flagship smart phone in the UK between February and March 2014.Full Story »
J-K Govt to launch schemes to boost tourism round the year Dec 3, 7:48 pm
Srinagar, Dec.3 (ANI): The Government of Jammu and Kashmir will soon announce new schemes to boost tourism round the year, with an aim to facilitate employment opportunities for residents of the Kashmir Valley.Full Story »
- 'Ponzi king' Bernie Madoff's CFO testifies scam 'was open secret in company'
- BlackBerry sales drop to nearly zero in US, China, Spain and Japan
- US Justice Department approves Microsoft-Nokia deal
- PC market expected to post greatest contraction ever in 2013: IDC
- CEO John Chen claims BlackBerry's 'death reports' exaggerated
- Apple buys Twitter data tracking firm Topsy Labs for estimated $200mn
- Huawei decides to abandon U.S. market following strained relations with govt.
- Commerce Ministry's e-BRC project wins 2013 eASIA Award
- SPMCIL delivers Rs.84.69 crore dividend to govt.
- Nobel Prize economist warns of stock market bubble in US
TOP VIDEO STORIES