Deven Sharma to step down as S and P presidentAug 23, 11:19 am
Washington, Aug 23 (ANI): Indian-origin American, Deven Sharma, President of Standard and Poor is to step down from his post next month, and leave the company by the end of the year, amid outrage over the company's downgrading of the United States' credit rating.Sharma's plans to resign come as the ratings agency is under pressure on several fronts, including an inquiry by the Justice Department into its ratings of sub prime mortgage securities, and a push by activist investors to break up its parent company, McGraw-Hill, the New York Times reports.Sharma, 55, will step down on September 12, but will remain with the company through the end of the year to help oversee McGraw-Hill's review of its businesses, the paper said.He will be replaced by Douglas Peterson, who is currently the chief operating officer of Citibank, the banking unit of Citigroup."We are pleased to welcome Doug to the important role of president of Standard and Poor's as it continues to build on the enhancements of recent years and accelerates global growth," Harold McGraw III, McGraw-Hill's chief executive, said in a statement."As we welcome Doug, I particularly want to thank Deven for his dedicated leadership of S and P, he added. (ANI)
Phosphoric Acid price should be lowered to USD 600/MT: IFFCO May 29, 12:44 pm
New Delhi, May 29 (ANI-NewsVoir): Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative(IFFCO), the world's largest fertiliser cooperative federation based in India has said that Phosphoric Acid price should be lowered to USD 600/MT or even less than that.Full Story »
Add more cheer to your IPL finale experience with Bajaj Finserv and a chance to win a 50" branded LED TV May 28, 4:09 pm
Pune, May 28 (ANI-Businesswire India): Bajaj Finserv, the undisputed leader in consumer durable finance, beckons the cricket lover in you to join them on twitter while you cheer for your favorite team in the IPL finale this Sunday.Full Story »
FundTonic to revolutionize Start-up funding works in India May 28, 3:11 pm
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI-NewsVoir): FundTonic, a fin-tech company that aims to revolutionize the entire start-up ecosystem has launched their first online platform today, which aims to reach 2000 investors and 5000 start ups by next year.Full Story »
Enhanced 'Air Traffic Service' at Delhi airport to ensure safety May 28, 3:02 pm
New Delhi, May 28 (ANI): A round the clock communication to ensure safety and accuracy at the ground and air. The world-class Air Traffic management, with better technology and coordination, at Delhi's Indira Gandhi airport makes it among the safest airports in the world.Full Story »
- Japan's Kyosan join hands with TSTS to cater to Indian market
- Brands and Bloggers Meet, first of its kind event in Delhi
- FSSAI advised to come up with standards for fortification of food grains: Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ministry
- Sensex, Nifty ends posting super gains; SBI up 9 pct
- India Inc on a drive to deepen economic partnership with Japan
- CBDT implements GAAR Provisions-Issuance of comments of stakeholders
- IIBM India disrupts distance MBA Industry with 'Online Masters Program'
- Tissot presents trendy sports watch 'Quickster'
- Haribhai Parthibhai Chaudhary launched 'Smart Policing and Public Safety Exhibition 2016'
- Vedanta launches 'Global Internship Program' for MBA students
TOP VIDEO STORIES