Keyword Results for 'myopia'
Chinese schools install metal bars on desks to prevent short-sightedness in students Mar 12, 12:19 pm
London, Mar 12 (ANI): Schools across China have installed metal bars on classroom desks to prevent short-sightedness in pupils, it has been revealed.
Gene mutations associated with nearsightedness identified May 3, 1:33 pm
Washington, May 3 (ANI): Mutations in a gene that helps regulate copper and oxygen levels in eye tissue are associated with a severe form of nearsightedness, according to a study at Duke Medicine.
Washington, May 2 (ANI): Two new studies add to the growing evidence that nearsightedness in children could be prevented or minimized by spending time outdoors.
24 new genes behind short-sightedness identified Feb 11, 10:25 am
London, February 11(ANI): Scientists have discovered 24 new genes that cause refractive errors and myopia (short-sightedness).
Specialty contact lenses may offer cure for myopia Oct 3, 1:35 pm
Washington, October 3 (ANI): Experts at the State University of New York have supported the development of a potential cure for myopia by using specialty contact lenses that coax the eye to grow in a way that can correct nearsighted vision while reducing myopia progression.
London, Aug 3 (ANI): Children who regularly play outdoors are less likely to become shortsighted as teenagers, a new study has revealed.
London, May 4 (ANI): Experts have blamed 'intense' levels of education for an epidemic of shortsightedness sweeping across eastern Asia.
Outdoor play could cut kids' risk for nearsightedness Oct 25, 4:49 pm
Washington, Oct 25 (ANI): Allowing children and adolescents to spend more time outdoors may help reduce rates of nearsightedness, also known as myopia, in them, according to a new analysis of recent eye health studies.
Gene that leads to myopia identified Sep 2, 5:23 pm
Washington, Sept 2 (ANI): Scientists have identified a gene whose mutation leads to myopia or nearsightedness.
- Saudi Arabia gives 20 lashes punishment to man for beating wife
- New technology can print 3D blood vessels in mere seconds
- Jeremy Renner becomes proud father to daughter
- Thank germs in your gut for keeping you healthy
- Hacking collective Anonymous calls for Internet blackout on April 22 to protest CISPA
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- 'Gold-obsessed' Aliens using Earth as 'battlefield'
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Brit women top obesity league in Europe
TOP VIDEO STORIES