Australia's top IT security minds uncovered in hacking tournamentMay 9, 1:53 pm
Sydney, May 9 (ANI): Australian telecommunication company Telstra, along with other government agencies, selected top hackers in the country after launching a tournament giving students a hacking challenge.Telstra held their '2013 Cyber Security Challenge' to try to uncover Australia's next top IT security minds. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the students' mission was to find the most flaws in the fictitious company's IT systems in 24 hours.Groups of four students from 20 universities and TAFE colleges across Australia participated, and Telstra said the competition proved so popular that it had to cap the number of teams per institution to three.As part of the challenge, the teams were required to conduct testing on a fictitious security company's product called 'Very Secure Transfer Protocol'.Winning team, 'UNSW1', which included students from the University of New South Wales, were awarded a trip to the infamous Black Hat IT security conference in Las Vegas .They could also be offered Telstra or government jobs in IT security, depending on how good they are, according to Telstra's chief information security officer, Mike Burgess.The second and third places went to "UNSW2" (68 points) and "UNSW3" (66 points), two other teams at UNSW, which will each be awarded either a new smart phone or tablet of their choice from Telstra.Just last month Telstra was awarded a 1.1 billion dollars six-and-a-half year Defence telecommunications contract, which will require 230 new jobs in Canberra, some of which will require security expertise. (ANI)
Army chief concerned over US violation of Pak sovereignty May 25, 2:26 pm
Rawalpindi, May 25 (ANI): Army Chief General Raheel Sharif in a meeting with the United States Ambassador to Pakistan David Hale has expressed serious concerns over the US drone strike in Balochistan which killed Afghan Taliban chief Mullah Akhtar Mansour.Full Story »
Two persons killed in floods in Nepal's Bajura district May 25, 2:23 pm
Bajura (Nepal), May 25 (ANI): At least two persons died and seven others were injured after being swept away by a flood in Nepal's Rugin VDC of Bajura district on Wednesday.Full Story »
Afghanistan shuts Angoor Adda border crossing May 25, 2:07 pm
Karachi, May 25 (ANI): The Afghan authorities have closed the Angoor Adda border crossing in South Waziristan after it was handed over to them.Full Story »
Lankan Prez to leave for Japan today to attend G7 Summit May 25, 2:02 pm
Colombo, May 25 (ANI): Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena will leave for Japan today to participate in the G7 Summit.Full Story »
- President Mukherjee calls on Chinese investors to be part of India's 'growth story'
- Federal Alliance seeks 'formal invitation' for talks from PM Oli
- Donald Trump's Washington win overshadowed by protest
- Ten killed in Kabul suicide attack
- Rewriting statute not needed, amendment will do: Rajendra Mahato
- Singaporean arrested with three kilogram gold in Nepal airport
- Afghan Taliban confirms Mullah Mansour's death, elect his successor
- Pakistan needs to actively pursue terrorist organizations using their soil: U.S.
- U.S. clears reimbursement fund for Pakistan for 'anti-terrorism efforts'
- U.S. Congress alarmed over supply of Chinese nuclear weapons mobility systems to Pakistan
TOP VIDEO STORIES