Brussels to have all-night Mata JagranSep 23, 11:53 am
Nevada (US), Sept 23 (ANI): Brussels ( Belgium) will have full-night Mata Jagran on October 1, which will be performed by Denmark Durga Bhajan Mandli.Besides free entrance, snacks and drinks will also be provided free to attendees at the "Vishal Bhagwati Jagran", which starting with puja at 09-30 pm, will continue throughout the night. Offered by the India Cultural Centre (ICC) ASBL of Brussels, its main organizers include Shyam Verma, Tripta Mehta, Ashwani Kumar, Kanta Sikhri, Ashwani Sood, Kanta Odiado, Shiv Sanan and Ramesh Sanan.Jagran consists of all night worship of mother goddess Durga, when devotees stay up all night worshipping and singing her prayers, which are usually led by a bhajan mandli. Starting late evening with invoking Lord Ganesh, it ends in the early hours of morning with serving of prasad (usually consisting of halwa and cooked-salted gram).ICC is also planning a Hindu temple in Brussels and raising funds for it and asking for donations. It has held mata jagrans and Ramayan paths in the past. Meanwhile, Hindu statesman Rajan Zed , in a statement in Nevada (USA) on Thursday, applauded efforts of temple leaders and Brussels area community for organizing the Jagran and working towards the Hindu temple.Zed, who is president of Universal Society of Hinduism, further said that it was important to pass on Hindu spirituality, concepts and traditions to coming generations amidst so many distractions in the consumerist society and hoped that this future temple complex would focus in this direction. He stressed that instead of running after materialism; we should focus on inner search and realization of Self and work towards achieving moksh (liberation), which was the goal of Hinduism. (ANI)
Sushma Swaraj meets her Nepalese counterpart, holds talks to boost ties Jul 26, 7:32 pm
Kathmandu (Nepal), July 26 (ANI): External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj today co-chaired with her Nepalese counterpart, Mahendra Bahadur Pandey, the first meeting of the Joint Commission held here after a gap of 23 years.Full Story »
US army is developing pocket-sized surveillance drones: Report Jul 26, 5:09 pm
Washington, July 26 (ANI): The United States army is reportedly developing pocket-sized drones which will enable them to monitor dangerous environments aerially.Full Story »
Taliban does not intend to meddle with other countries' affairs, says Omar Abdullah Jul 26, 5:09 pm
Karachi, July 26 (ANI): While sending Eid greetings to Muslims this year, Taliban leader Omar Abdullah has reportedly said that Taliban does not want to interfere with the internal affairs of other countries.Full Story »
Swaraj interacts with Nepal's leaders Jul 26, 3:41 pm
Kathmandu, July 26 (ANI): Visiting Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj is reportedly busy holding parleys with leaders of various Nepalese political parties.Full Story »
- Hillary Clinton says 'tough, arrogant' Putin also capable of 'charm'
- Pak Army denies receiving government orders to take charge of Islamabad: Reports
- MH17 plane crash: Ukraine warns rebels 'to surrender or die'
- Omar Abdullah claims US prisoner swap brokered by Taliban, 'spectacular achievement'
- Pak SC turns down Musharraf's plea for early hearing of government appeal in ECL case
- One-third Americans think Obama should be impeached, reveals poll
- Instagram selfies of pro-Russian woman wearing makeup looted from MH17 crash site sparks outrage
- Veteran Pakistan journalist Majid Nizami passes away
- Suspected militant reported killed in Pakistan's Bannu District
- ISIL forms all-female unit to terrorize Iraqi women into Sharia law submission
TOP VIDEO STORIES