China expresses concern over N Korea missile 'near miss' with Chinese passenger planeMar 7, 3:00 pm
Beijing, Mar. 7 (ANI): China has expressed over North Korean artillery launch that happened minutes before a Chinese commercial plane reportedly carrying 202 people flew in the same area.The Chinese Foreign Ministry said that the country will check and express concerns with the relevant parties.According to the China Daily, the China Southern Airlines aircraft, which was carrying 202 passengers, was heading from Tokyo to Shenyang, Liaoning province, on Tuesday.The country's Defense Ministry spokesman Kim Min-seok said the plane was traveling at an altitude of 10 km, while the projectile's peak altitude was 20 km. He said the flight passed through the area about five minutes after the projectile hit the water.He added that the failure to protect the safety of civilians by issuing an advanced navigational warning according to international norms is a serious threat.An unidentified army spokesman from the DPRK said in a statement that rocket drills conducted from Feb 21 until Tuesday were part of regular training, the report said.He added neither regional security nor international navigation were in danger because the DPRK took 'scrupulous advance security measures for flight orbit and targets in the designated waters,' it added. (ANI)
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Prez Ghani Mar 4, 7:51 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Chief Executive Mar 4, 4:54 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
Bangladesh court upholds arrest warrants against opposition leader Khaleda Zia in graft cases Mar 4, 4:54 pm
Dhaka, March 04 (ANI): A court in Dhaka has upheld the arrest warrants against the opposition leader of Bangladesh and chairperson of Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) Khaleda Zia in Zia Orphanage Trust and Charitable graft cases.Full Story »
Pakistan must look its own needs, parity with India unattainable: Hussain Haqqani Mar 4, 4:36 pm
London, Mar.4 (ANI): Former Pakistani diplomat Hussain Haqqani has advised his country not to seek parity with India and to look after its own needs and interests to ensure both progress and stability.Full Story »
- Journalists at Mirror Group Newspapers 'hack' phones on 'daily basis'
- US Justice Department concludes Ferguson police 'racially biased' post civil rights probe
- Sydney's radio network might lose broadcasting license over royal prank call
- Father of IS Jihadi John calls son 'a dog, an animal, a terrorist'
- Ex-CIA chief to admit to mishandling 'classified materials' under plea deal
- Iran nuclear talks: Netanyahu warns US against striking 'bad deal' that will make way for nuclear bomb
- Hina Rabbani Khar says India-Pak foreign secretary meeting just 'talks about talks'
- Nepal says human poo on Everest threatens to spread diseases on world's highest peak
- US says Pak's tensions with India directly impacts country's strategy in Afghanistan
- Pak ambassador to US says ban on Haqqani network 'still under consideration'
TOP VIDEO STORIES