US likely to resume drone strikes in Pak under new conditionsJan 9, 12:31 pm
Islamabad, Jan 9(ANI): The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is likely to resume drone strikes that were apparently halted following the deadly November 26, 2011 NATO airstrike on Pakistan's border posts. Sources told The Express Tribune that Pakistan and the United States have almost agreed on 'fresh terms of engagements' to resume the drone attacks to target suspected al Qaeda operatives in Pakistan's tribal areas, including North and South Waziristan.They added that Pakistan has convinced the US to resume the drone strikes under two new conditions- the drone strikes should not be as frequent as they had been in the past and the CIA should narrow the stripe to be targeted by the aircraft under the 'box formation' military approach."We don't want them to be that frequent ... it creates problems for us by invoking public anger," the official added.The deadly aircraft, which was earlier operated from the CIA's Langley headquarters in McClean, Virginia would now take -off from American airbases in Afghanistan, an official said.The Bagram airbase , which is located just outside the Afghan capital Kabul might be the new launch pad for drone attacks in the future, the official added.(ANI)
U.S displeased over India's stand on WTO deal Jul 26, 10:38 pm
Geneva (Switzerland), July 26 (ANI): The United States today expressed its displeasure over India stalling worldwide reforms of trade facilitation, warning that its demands could kill global trade reform efforts.Full Story »
Swaraj meets political leadership of Nepal during her official trip Jul 26, 8:40 pm
Kathmandu (Nepal), July 26 (ANI): Visiting External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj today met with the top political leadership of Nepal during her official trip .Full Story »
Sushma Swaraj meets her Nepalese counterpart, holds talks to boost ties Jul 26, 7:32 pm
Kathmandu (Nepal), July 26 (ANI): External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj today co-chaired with her Nepalese counterpart, Mahendra Bahadur Pandey, the first meeting of the Joint Commission held here after a gap of 23 years.Full Story »
US army is developing pocket-sized surveillance drones: Report Jul 26, 5:09 pm
Washington, July 26 (ANI): The United States army is reportedly developing pocket-sized drones which will enable them to monitor dangerous environments aerially.Full Story »
- Swaraj interacts with Nepal's leaders
- BNP has missed train, will have to wait till next polls: Hasina
- Hillary Clinton says 'tough, arrogant' Putin also capable of 'charm'
- Pak Army denies receiving government orders to take charge of Islamabad: Reports
- MH17 plane crash: Ukraine warns rebels 'to surrender or die'
- Omar Abdullah claims US prisoner swap brokered by Taliban, 'spectacular achievement'
- Pak SC turns down Musharraf's plea for early hearing of government appeal in ECL case
- One-third Americans think Obama should be impeached, reveals poll
- Instagram selfies of pro-Russian woman wearing makeup looted from MH17 crash site sparks outrage
- Veteran Pakistan journalist Majid Nizami passes away
TOP VIDEO STORIES