Ijaz's Pak visit in doubt over 'inadequate' security provided by govt?Jan 23, 2:08 pm
Islamabad, Jan 23 (ANI): Pakistani-American businessman Mansoor Ijaz's counsel Akram Shaikh has expressed his dissatisfaction about the security measures adopted for his client's upcoming visit to Pakistan to testify in the Memo Gate issue, throwing in doubt whether he would come to the country at all.Shaikh reportedly complained about the security measures after meeting with Inspector General (IG) of Police (IG) Islamabad Bin Yamin Khan, The Dawn reports. On the advice of Attorney General Maulvi Anwarul Haq, Shaikh met with the IG to discuss the issue of security to be provided to Ijaz. Earlier on Sunday night, Shaikh had sent a second letter to the Attorney General in which he had requested for security details for his client.The letter had expressed reservations over statements given by Interior Minister Rehman Malik and the Pakistan People's Party (PPP) leaders Shazia Marri and Raja Riaz. (ANI)
Indo-US nuclear deal detrimental to deterrence stability in South Asia: Pakistan Jan 27, 10:52 pm
Islamabad, Jan. 27 (ANI): Pakistan on Tuesday said the operationalization of the Indo-US nuclear deal for political and economic expediencies would have a detrimental impact on deterrence stability in South Asia.Full Story »
Nato slams Putin's remarks on 'foreign legion' in Ukraine Jan 27, 6:21 pm
London, Jan 27 (ANI): Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has rebuffed Russian President Vladimir Putin's claim that the Ukrainian army operates as a "foreign legion" for the alliance, calling it "nonsense".Full Story »
Ex-diplomat Placido D'Souza mourns loss of cartoonist R.K. Laxman Jan 27, 5:18 pm
San Francisco (US), Jan.27(ANI): Former diplomat and artist Placido D'Souza has expressed his sorrow over the passing away of well known cartoonist R.K. Laxman, whom he described as a good friend and a man who had helped him in many ways.Full Story »
Obama leading high-powered delegation to Saudi Arabia Jan 27, 4:44 pm
New Delhi/Washington, Jan.27 (ANI): U.S. President Barack Obama will be leading a high profile bipartisan delegation to Saudi Arabia to offer condolences for the recent death of King Abdullah and pay respects to his successor King Salman.Full Story »
- 10 killed as F-16 fighter jet crashes into other planes during Nato exercise
- Newly mom Chelsea Clinton opens up about 'motherhood'
- President Obama following wrong David Cameron on Twitter!
- US assures Pak TTP Chief Mullah Fazlullah will be arrested, killed in Afghanistan
- Now, Mumbai mastermind Hafiz Saeed opens free ambulance service in futile bid to win legitimacy
- UN-ESCAP is working for Afghanistan`s growth and sustenance
- Man behind White House drone crash incident claims was a 'recreational accident'
- Villa where Dodi wooed Princess Diana sold for 70M pounds
- Malaysian Airlines' official website hacked by ' Lizard Squad Cyber Caliphate' group
- FBI busts Russian spy ring trying to gather intelligence on US sanctions against Russia
TOP VIDEO STORIES