Haqqani wants his testimony recorded via video link from London over memo issue

   Mar 24, 4:35 pm

Islamabad, Mar 24 (ANI): Former Pakistan ambassador to the US, Husain Haqqani has submitted an application in the country's Supreme Court on Saturday, insisting that he should be allowed to record his testimony in London over the Memo Gate issue via video link.

The Express Tribune quoted Haqqani's lawyer Zahid Bukhari, as saying that his client's life is in danger and therefore, he wants his statements recorded via video link, just like Pakistani-American businessman Mansoor Ijaz, the key man in the scandal.

Bukhari said that Haqqani had earlier appealed to the memo commission probing the Memo Gate scandal to record his statement via video link, but the commission asked him to refer it to the Supreme Court.

"If a person, who writes against Pakistan, can get his statements recorded via video link, then Haqqani can do it as well. We will act according to the Supreme Court's decision," Bukhari said.

Haqqani, who is currently in London, has been summoned by the memo commission on March 26.

The commission had allowed Haqqani to travel abroad on the condition that he will come back to Pakistan within four days of his summons. (ANI)

Google to change privacy policy in UK following pressure from data protection authority Jan 31, 2:26 pm
Washington, Jan 31 (ANI): Google has agreed to change the privacy policy in the UK to improve the information it provides to people on how it collects personal data followed by pressure from the country's data protection authority.
Full Story
Saudi Arabia repostpones flogging of blogger Raif Badawi Jan 31, 1:04 pm
London, Jan 31 (ANI): Saudi Arabia has once again postponed the second round of flogging of blogger Raif Badawi.
Full Story
Obama may meet Dalai Lama at National Prayer Breakfast event in Washington next week Jan 31, 1:00 pm
Washington, Jan 31 (ANI): US President Barack Obama and the Dalai Lama are set to attend the National Prayer Breakfast event in Washington, DC, next week.
Full Story
IS militants accept defeat in battle for Kobane saying 'will return once again' Jan 31, 12:59 pm
Sydney, Jan 31 (ANI): Islamic State (IS) militants have released a video admitting their defeat to U.S. airstrikes in battle for the Syrian city of Kobane saying that "we will return once again".
Full Story
Comments

LATEST STORIES
TOP VIDEO STORIES
PHOTO GALLERY