Dozens of protestors detained at 'unsanctioned' anti- Kremlin rally in MoscowApr 1, 2:10 pm
Moscow, Apr 1 (ANI): Russian police have reportedly arrested dozens of protestors who gathered for an unsanctioned rally in central Moscow.The protesters at Moscow 's Triumphalnaya square chanted slogans "Russia Without Putin!" and "Shame!"Some threw flare-type fireworks and unfurled slogans criticizing and ridiculing the Kremlin .Activists arrested also included Eduard Limonov, leader of the banned National Bolshevik party, The Washington Post reports.According to the paper, similar opposition demonstrations were held on the 31st day of the past two years in a nod to the 31st Article of the Russian constitution, which guarantees the right of assembly.Russian authorities, however, often deny permission for demonstrations and break up unsanctioned gatherings. (ANI)
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Prez Ghani Mar 4, 7:51 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Chief Executive Mar 4, 4:54 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
Bangladesh court upholds arrest warrants against opposition leader Khaleda Zia in graft cases Mar 4, 4:54 pm
Dhaka, March 04 (ANI): A court in Dhaka has upheld the arrest warrants against the opposition leader of Bangladesh and chairperson of Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) Khaleda Zia in Zia Orphanage Trust and Charitable graft cases.Full Story »
Pakistan must look its own needs, parity with India unattainable: Hussain Haqqani Mar 4, 4:36 pm
London, Mar.4 (ANI): Former Pakistani diplomat Hussain Haqqani has advised his country not to seek parity with India and to look after its own needs and interests to ensure both progress and stability.Full Story »
- Journalists at Mirror Group Newspapers 'hack' phones on 'daily basis'
- US Justice Department concludes Ferguson police 'racially biased' post civil rights probe
- Sydney's radio network might lose broadcasting license over royal prank call
- Father of IS Jihadi John calls son 'a dog, an animal, a terrorist'
- Ex-CIA chief to admit to mishandling 'classified materials' under plea deal
- Iran nuclear talks: Netanyahu warns US against striking 'bad deal' that will make way for nuclear bomb
- Hina Rabbani Khar says India-Pak foreign secretary meeting just 'talks about talks'
- Nepal says human poo on Everest threatens to spread diseases on world's highest peak
- US says Pak's tensions with India directly impacts country's strategy in Afghanistan
- Pak ambassador to US says ban on Haqqani network 'still under consideration'
TOP VIDEO STORIES