Biden calls Romney 'most out of touch candidate of modern times'Apr 2, 11:20 am
Washington, Apr 2 (ANI): US Vice President Joe Biden has come out swinging against Mitt Romney, saying the former Massachusetts governor is the most 'out of touch Presidential candidate of modern times'.Biden claimed that Romney 'seems not to understand' the struggle of the middle class."Governor Romney's a little out of touch," Biden said during an interview with CBS News."I can't remember a presidential candidate in the recent past who seems not to understand... what ordinary middle class people are thinking about and are concerned about," he added.According to the report, Biden also criticised the Republican candidate for his statements opposing government intervention in the auto industry and his hands-off, free-market approach to foreclosures."I don't know if he understands that there are 12 million people out there paying their mortgage payments. And all we want to do is give 'em a chance to refinance at a lower rate," he said."None of what he's offering does anything. It's just returning to the old policies," Biden added.Biden also attacked Romney for his aggressive response to the President's leaked comment to Russian President Dmitri Medvedev that he could be more 'flexible' in negotiations after the elections."Speaking of flexible, Governor Romney's a pretty flexible guy - on his positions," Biden said, referring to another criticism made by both Democrats and Republican challengers that Romney changes his position for political expediency.Biden also said Romney's statements on Russia 'exposes how little the governor knows about foreign policy.' (ANI)
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Prez Ghani Mar 4, 7:51 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Chief Executive Mar 4, 4:54 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
Bangladesh court upholds arrest warrants against opposition leader Khaleda Zia in graft cases Mar 4, 4:54 pm
Dhaka, March 04 (ANI): A court in Dhaka has upheld the arrest warrants against the opposition leader of Bangladesh and chairperson of Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) Khaleda Zia in Zia Orphanage Trust and Charitable graft cases.Full Story »
Pakistan must look its own needs, parity with India unattainable: Hussain Haqqani Mar 4, 4:36 pm
London, Mar.4 (ANI): Former Pakistani diplomat Hussain Haqqani has advised his country not to seek parity with India and to look after its own needs and interests to ensure both progress and stability.Full Story »
- Journalists at Mirror Group Newspapers 'hack' phones on 'daily basis'
- US Justice Department concludes Ferguson police 'racially biased' post civil rights probe
- Sydney's radio network might lose broadcasting license over royal prank call
- Father of IS Jihadi John calls son 'a dog, an animal, a terrorist'
- Ex-CIA chief to admit to mishandling 'classified materials' under plea deal
- Iran nuclear talks: Netanyahu warns US against striking 'bad deal' that will make way for nuclear bomb
- Hina Rabbani Khar says India-Pak foreign secretary meeting just 'talks about talks'
- Nepal says human poo on Everest threatens to spread diseases on world's highest peak
- US says Pak's tensions with India directly impacts country's strategy in Afghanistan
- Pak ambassador to US says ban on Haqqani network 'still under consideration'
TOP VIDEO STORIES