Near consensus in Pak over resumption of NATO supplies-halting drone strikes quid pro quoApr 11, 11:15 am
Islamabad, Apr 11 (ANI): Political parties in Pakistan are reportedly willing to allow for the resumption of NATO supplies through the country, if US drone strikes are brought to a halt.Lawmakers who attended a meeting of the Parliamentary Committee on National Security (PCNS) revealed that the panel is close to finalising a fresh draft of recommendations.The panel is focusing on an additional clause that would "force the US to stop drone strikes in Pakistan," they added."We have almost finalised a new draft that all parties agree to," The Express Tribune quoted the panel's chairman Senator Raza Rabbani, as saying.Rabbani said the all-party, bicameral panel had succeeded in evolving a consensus after extensive consultations with all stakeholders, military, political and religious leadership.According to the paper, the move to link the resumption of NATO supplies with a halt to drone strikes remained a key proposal yesterday.Members of the panel also agreed to drop proposals from the original draft calling for transparency about the presence of foreign intelligence operatives in Pakistan.The clause that justifies the presence of foreign troops near border areas will also be dropped, the report said. (ANI)
Indo-US nuclear deal detrimental to deterrence stability in South Asia: Pakistan Jan 27, 10:52 pm
Islamabad, Jan. 27 (ANI): Pakistan on Tuesday said the operationalization of the Indo-US nuclear deal for political and economic expediencies would have a detrimental impact on deterrence stability in South Asia.Full Story »
Nato slams Putin's remarks on 'foreign legion' in Ukraine Jan 27, 6:21 pm
London, Jan 27 (ANI): Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has rebuffed Russian President Vladimir Putin's claim that the Ukrainian army operates as a "foreign legion" for the alliance, calling it "nonsense".Full Story »
Ex-diplomat Placido D'Souza mourns loss of cartoonist R.K. Laxman Jan 27, 5:18 pm
San Francisco (US), Jan.27(ANI): Former diplomat and artist Placido D'Souza has expressed his sorrow over the passing away of well known cartoonist R.K. Laxman, whom he described as a good friend and a man who had helped him in many ways.Full Story »
Obama leading high-powered delegation to Saudi Arabia Jan 27, 4:44 pm
New Delhi/Washington, Jan.27 (ANI): U.S. President Barack Obama will be leading a high profile bipartisan delegation to Saudi Arabia to offer condolences for the recent death of King Abdullah and pay respects to his successor King Salman.Full Story »
- 10 killed as F-16 fighter jet crashes into other planes during Nato exercise
- Newly mom Chelsea Clinton opens up about 'motherhood'
- President Obama following wrong David Cameron on Twitter!
- US assures Pak TTP Chief Mullah Fazlullah will be arrested, killed in Afghanistan
- Now, Mumbai mastermind Hafiz Saeed opens free ambulance service in futile bid to win legitimacy
- UN-ESCAP is working for Afghanistan`s growth and sustenance
- Man behind White House drone crash incident claims was a 'recreational accident'
- Villa where Dodi wooed Princess Diana sold for 70M pounds
- Malaysian Airlines' official website hacked by ' Lizard Squad Cyber Caliphate' group
- FBI busts Russian spy ring trying to gather intelligence on US sanctions against Russia
TOP VIDEO STORIES