Near consensus in Pak over resumption of NATO supplies-halting drone strikes quid pro quoApr 11, 11:15 am
Islamabad, Apr 11 (ANI): Political parties in Pakistan are reportedly willing to allow for the resumption of NATO supplies through the country, if US drone strikes are brought to a halt.Lawmakers who attended a meeting of the Parliamentary Committee on National Security (PCNS) revealed that the panel is close to finalising a fresh draft of recommendations.The panel is focusing on an additional clause that would "force the US to stop drone strikes in Pakistan," they added."We have almost finalised a new draft that all parties agree to," The Express Tribune quoted the panel's chairman Senator Raza Rabbani, as saying.Rabbani said the all-party, bicameral panel had succeeded in evolving a consensus after extensive consultations with all stakeholders, military, political and religious leadership.According to the paper, the move to link the resumption of NATO supplies with a halt to drone strikes remained a key proposal yesterday.Members of the panel also agreed to drop proposals from the original draft calling for transparency about the presence of foreign intelligence operatives in Pakistan.The clause that justifies the presence of foreign troops near border areas will also be dropped, the report said. (ANI)
'Relationship with India has strategic meaning, global influence': China May 6, 9:23 pm
Beijing, May 6 (ANI): China on Wednesday said that the relationship between Beijing and New Delhi has strategic meaning and global influence, adding that Prime Minister Narendra Modi's upcoming visit to the People's Republic will strengthen the strategic mutual trust between the two countries.Full Story »
Nepal quake death toll crosses 7,500 May 6, 6:42 pm
Kathmandu, May 06 (ANI): The death toll from the April 25 deadly earthquake in Nepal has crossed 7,500 after the country saw a fresh tremor of magnitude 4.0 on Tuesday.Full Story »
New bizarre IS guide says fighters should pee before undertaking any mission May 6, 4:13 pm
London, May 06 (ANI): An Islamic State (IS) fighter has released a new guide for fighters wherein he writes that they should make sure they have been to the toilet before undertaking any mission.Full Story »
Japan makes inroads to ASEAN market May 6, 4:13 pm
Tokyo, May 6 (ANI): Japan is not only expanding its reach in consumer food business, but recently Japanese optical products company, HOYA, released a new line of optical lenses in Malaysia and the introduction of its latest Lens design, "Hoyalux iD LifeStyle V plus" is expected to take the concept of individualization to the next level.Full Story »
- Now experience cremation with 'death simulator' in Chinese theme park
- Iran bans 'homosexual, devil worshipping' hairstyles post branding them 'un-Islamic'
- 'Unseen' 1947 Roswell UFO crash snaps raise question towards 'alien' existence
- Pak military takes 'serious notice' of RAW's involvement in whipping terrorism
- Hollande's male politician friend prefers only big-busted female scribes!
- French parliament approves 'Orwellian' surveillance law in wake of Paris shootings
- US lifts ban on ferry service between Florida and Cuba
- Amnesty says Aleppo civilians suffering 'unthinkable atrocities' at hands of Syrian govt forces
- Hillary Clinton may call your mom to wish 'Happy Mother's Day'
- Pak Senate to urge govt to take more effective steps to counter terrorism
TOP VIDEO STORIES