David Cameron says 'Yes Minister' is true to lifeApr 13, 12:38 pm
London, Apr 13 (ANI): British prime minister David Cameron has admitted that despite 'Yes Minister' being an "enjoyable fiction", the satirical sitcom got it right.As a student at Oxford, Cameron dismissed the classic TV comedy show as little more than an enjoyable fiction.But he revealed that two gruelling years in Downing Street have convinced him that the show's portrayal of ministers grappling for supremacy with their civil servants is closer to reality than he could ever have imagined.Cameron, 45, admitted his change of heart during a press conference with Malaysia's British-educated prime minister Najib Razak.Speaking at Nottingham University's Malaysian campus, near Kuala Lumpur, Razak revealed he is a long-time fan."You spoke very clearly about Yes Minister, the great British television programme," the Daily Mail quoted Cameron as saying. "You'll be amazed to know that when I was a student in the 1980s, I actually once had to write an essay on 'How true to life is Yes Minister?' I think I wrote in the essay that it wasn't that true to life."I can tell you, as Prime Minister, it," he said. Cameron's comments provide a revealing insight into the frustrations of grappling with the civil service.' Yes Minister', followed by 'Yes, Prime Minister', charted the fortunes of the fictional politician Jim Hacker. The 1980s show attracted a huge following, with Margaret Thatcher reportedly an avid fan. (ANI)
U.S displeased over India's stand on WTO deal Jul 26, 10:38 pm
Geneva (Switzerland), July 26 (ANI): The United States today expressed its displeasure over India stalling worldwide reforms of trade facilitation, warning that its demands could kill global trade reform efforts.Full Story »
Swaraj meets political leadership of Nepal during her official trip Jul 26, 8:40 pm
Kathmandu (Nepal), July 26 (ANI): Visiting External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj today met with the top political leadership of Nepal during her official trip .Full Story »
Sushma Swaraj meets her Nepalese counterpart, holds talks to boost ties Jul 26, 7:32 pm
Kathmandu (Nepal), July 26 (ANI): External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj today co-chaired with her Nepalese counterpart, Mahendra Bahadur Pandey, the first meeting of the Joint Commission held here after a gap of 23 years.Full Story »
US army is developing pocket-sized surveillance drones: Report Jul 26, 5:09 pm
Washington, July 26 (ANI): The United States army is reportedly developing pocket-sized drones which will enable them to monitor dangerous environments aerially.Full Story »
- Swaraj interacts with Nepal's leaders
- BNP has missed train, will have to wait till next polls: Hasina
- Hillary Clinton says 'tough, arrogant' Putin also capable of 'charm'
- Pak Army denies receiving government orders to take charge of Islamabad: Reports
- MH17 plane crash: Ukraine warns rebels 'to surrender or die'
- Omar Abdullah claims US prisoner swap brokered by Taliban, 'spectacular achievement'
- Pak SC turns down Musharraf's plea for early hearing of government appeal in ECL case
- One-third Americans think Obama should be impeached, reveals poll
- Instagram selfies of pro-Russian woman wearing makeup looted from MH17 crash site sparks outrage
- Veteran Pakistan journalist Majid Nizami passes away
TOP VIDEO STORIES