Romney no frontrunner among conservative Republicans, young votersApr 13, 3:01 pm
Washington, April 13 (ANI): Presidential candidate Mitt Romney has to work hard to woo the Republican voter base among Midwesterners, young voters, the highly religious and conservative Republicans, according to the results of a Gallup Poll.
"Highly religious Republicans have clearly been looking for a candidate who will specifically and directly address their concerns about social, family, and values issues," Gallup revealed.
Despite holding double-digit leads over the other major Republican presidential candidates in every other region of the U.S., interest of Midwestern Republicans in Romney has observed a dip.
Romney led his rivals by 22-points among people aged 55 and over, and a 9-point lead from those aged between 34 and 54 years, but he gained a tie with presidential candidate Ron Paul, from people aged between 18 and 34, Politico reports.
However, in the East, West and the South, Romney led his rivals by 15 to 28 points, but in the Midwest he was tied with the other GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum.
The results for this poll were based on telephone interviews with a random sample of 1,440 Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, who are registered to vote. (ANI)
- 80 Sri Lankans detained while attempting to illegally migrate to Australia
- Afghanistan calls off talks with U.S. on security agreement
- Sri Lanka calls for Tamil refugees in Australia to return
- Oz MP brands new bill favouring domestic workers over foreign 'most racist legislation' ever seen
- Majority of Americans view GOP less favorably than Democrat's, finds poll
- US House passes bill to ban abortion after 20 weeks
- GOP Congressman wants to ban abortion to save masturbating male fetuses!
- 'Former terrorist' Bill Ayers says Obama should be tried for war crimes
- What workers hate about work culture at Facebook
- NSA surveillance revealed abandoned al-Qaeda's NY stock exchange bombing plot