North Korea may conduct third nuclear test to save face after failed Uhna-3 rocket fiasco: Analysts

   Apr 13, 5:02 pm

Pyongyang, Apr 13 (ANI): North Korea may conduct its third nuclear weapon test to restore its honour, after the failed launch of an Uhna-3 rocket, analysts have claimed.

According to reports, satellite imagery recorded by analysts showing what looks like preparations similar to the communist regime's previous patterns of behavior with missile tests followed by bomb tests, suggest that the country might conduct its third nuclear test.

"Before the launch, it was probable that North Korea would conduct a third nuclear test; now it is a virtual certainty," News.com.au quoted Marcus Noland of the Washington-based Peterson Institute for International Economics, as writing in a blog.

He said that the "humiliation" of the rocket failure might force new leader Kim Jong-Un, who took over after his father, Kim Jong-il, to test a nuclear bomb in an attempt to save face.

The launch of the North Korean ' satellite', Uhna-3 , was seen as a global threat and had been condemned by the United States, South Korea and Japan, who called it a "poorly disguised ballistic missile test."

The controversial rocket's failure launch was the third in series after two previous failed attempts in 1998 and 2009. (ANI)

Canada spy agency says China hacked into NRC computers Jul 30, 6:06 pm
London, July 30 (ANI): Canadian Treasury Board says Chinese spies hacked into the systems of a top Canadian government research organization.
Full Story
Turkish deputy PM asks women to not laugh in public Jul 30, 4:33 pm
Ankara, July 30 (ANI): Deputy Prime Minster of Turkey, Bulent Arinc, has made a bizzare comment by saying that women should not laugh out loud in public.
Full Story
Prince Harry asks Usain Bolt if he works out! Jul 30, 3:11 pm
Melbourne, July 30 (ANI): Prince Harry recently asked Usain Bolt if he works out, when they met during a tour of the athletes' village in Glasgow, along with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Full Story
Violent clashes in China's Xinjiang region leave dozens dead Jul 30, 2:37 pm
London, July 30 (ANI): Recent violence in China's Xinjiang region has left dozens of people dead or injured, state media says.
Full Story
Comments

LATEST STORIES
TOP VIDEO STORIES
PHOTO GALLERY