French hotel where Strauss-Kahn coordinated sex ring 'bragged about soundproof rooms'Apr 14, 10:22 am
Paris, Apr 14 (ANI): A French hotel, which is the alleged location of a sex ring coordinated by shamed former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn, bragged about its 'soundproof' rooms, it has emerged.An investigation by The New York Times has revealed that the Hotel Carlton de Lille, where Strauss-Kahn is accused of pimping out prostitutes to businessmen friends, boasted in its brochure of its 'charm and 'discretion' and 'soundproof apartments'.Strauss-Kahn was accused of knowingly using prostitutes paid for by two businessmen who were illegally using company funds to organise orgies in Europe and America.Eight men were arrested in October including the hotel's owner, director and head of public relations, as well as two of Strauss-Kahn's businessman friends.According to The Daily Mail, a person close to the investigation told the NY Times that 'Strauss-Kahn never went to the Carlton, but he played a prominent role in the ring.'The NY Times, which has claimed to have uncovered a cache of suggestive texts from Strauss-Kahn to friends, revealed that the French politician referred to women at the parties as 'equipment'.trauss-Kahn, 62, last month was charged with 'complicity in pimping in a vice ring' and is now formally under 'judicial control', which means he cannot leave France and has to report to police regularly.The offence of 'complicity in pimping' is aggravated if carried out within an organised gang and carries a maximum sentence of 20 years and a fine equivalent to 2.4million pounds. (ANI)
Prosecution files response to Dewani's discharge papers Nov 22, 4:56 pm
Johannesburg, Nov 22 (ANI): The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) has filed the responding papers after lawyers for British businessman Shrien Dewani filed heads of argument for his discharge on charges of conspiring to kill his wife Anni Hindocha.Full Story »
Sri Lankan health minister defects from party to stand against President Rajapaksa Nov 22, 4:56 pm
London, Nov 22 (ANI): Sri Lankan Health Minister Maithripala Sirisena has announced that he is defecting from the party in order to stand against the President Mahinda Rajapaksa in the upcoming presidential elections.Full Story »
IS releases video of British hostage John Cantlie claiming U.S. failed to rescue him Nov 22, 4:51 pm
London, Nov 22 (ANI): Islamic State (IS) militants have released a new video that features British hostage John Cantlie who appears to claim that the United States failed to save him and other hostages form the IS captivity.Full Story »
EU prepares resolution to separate Google's search engine from rest of its business Nov 22, 4:51 pm
London, Nov 22 (ANI): The European Union Parliament has prepared a resolution that would split Google's search engine operation in Europe from the rest of its business.Full Story »
- American, Israeli companies selling high-tech surveillance devices to most repressive govts
- Biden warns Russia would face 'greater isolation' if failed to respect Ukraine peace deal
- China calls for enhanced talks to resolve conflicts with neighbouring countries
- Pak ready to welcome India's involvement in Afghan if they become 'friendly neighbours'
- Obama to allow more expansive role for U.S. army in Afghanistan post 2015 pullout
- Al Qaeda flays ISIS for declaring expansion of Islamic caliphate
- Obama holds back flight to retrieve 'beloved' BlackBerry!
- Islamic State 'selling girls within themselves', says 15 year-old who escaped IS captivity
- PAF wants to buy fourth generation stealth fighter from China
- Polish playground bans 'Winnie the Pooh' for being 'inappropriately dressed'
TOP VIDEO STORIES