India to offer Pak 500 MW of electricity at Rs15 per unit at Wagah-Attari borderApr 14, 2:58 pm
Islamabad, Apr 14(ANI): India has offered a tariff of 15 rupees per unit for the sale of 500 Megawatt of electricity to Pakistan at the Wagah-Attari border that would require a 45- kilometre transmission line.The move comes in the wake of a 14-member delegation of New-Delhi-based company Global Energy arriving in Islamabad for three-day talks with Pakistani authorities to negotiate the electricity tariff and finalise a sales and purchase agreement.A four-member team of the delegation called on Pakistan Water and Power Minister Syed Naveed Qamar, who has directed the Central Power Purchase Agency (CPPA), to negotiate tariff and other technical details of the project.An official said the Indian company was acting as purchaser-cum-exporter of electricity from Indian Punjab and delivery at Attari, The Dawn reports.He said the company had offered an initial tariff of Indian rupees 7.5 per unit that translates into about 14.7 rupees per unit in Pakistan's currency.Officials said that while the CPPA team would negotiate a maximum possible reduction in tariff on the proposed project but economic managers and the political leadership would be empowered to take a final decision on electricity import.They said the project would require 45 kilometres of 220 kv transmission lines on both sides of the border, including 25 kilometres in India and 20 kilometres inside Pakistan. (ANI)
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Prez Ghani Mar 4, 7:51 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Chief Executive Mar 4, 4:54 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
Bangladesh court upholds arrest warrants against opposition leader Khaleda Zia in graft cases Mar 4, 4:54 pm
Dhaka, March 04 (ANI): A court in Dhaka has upheld the arrest warrants against the opposition leader of Bangladesh and chairperson of Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) Khaleda Zia in Zia Orphanage Trust and Charitable graft cases.Full Story »
Pakistan must look its own needs, parity with India unattainable: Hussain Haqqani Mar 4, 4:36 pm
London, Mar.4 (ANI): Former Pakistani diplomat Hussain Haqqani has advised his country not to seek parity with India and to look after its own needs and interests to ensure both progress and stability.Full Story »
- Journalists at Mirror Group Newspapers 'hack' phones on 'daily basis'
- US Justice Department concludes Ferguson police 'racially biased' post civil rights probe
- Sydney's radio network might lose broadcasting license over royal prank call
- Father of IS Jihadi John calls son 'a dog, an animal, a terrorist'
- Ex-CIA chief to admit to mishandling 'classified materials' under plea deal
- Iran nuclear talks: Netanyahu warns US against striking 'bad deal' that will make way for nuclear bomb
- Hina Rabbani Khar says India-Pak foreign secretary meeting just 'talks about talks'
- Nepal says human poo on Everest threatens to spread diseases on world's highest peak
- US says Pak's tensions with India directly impacts country's strategy in Afghanistan
- Pak ambassador to US says ban on Haqqani network 'still under consideration'
TOP VIDEO STORIES