Pakistan gives go-ahead for reopening NATO supply routesApr 18, 9:55 am
Islamabad, Apr 18 (ANI): Pakistan's decision-making body on national security has reportedly given the green signal for reopening of vital supply lines to NATO troops in Afghanistan.Pakistan's Defence Committee of the Cabinet (DCC) also approved a roadmap, paving the way for normalisation of bilateral relations between Pakistan and the US.An official familiar with the matter said the government would now negotiate and sign a fresh agreement with the US under which NATO routes would be reopened.Besides Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani, the meeting was attended by key members of his Cabinet, three services chiefs and the head of Inter-Services Intelligence, The Express Tribune reports.According to the report, the government did not give any timeline, but the official said that a new Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) would possibly be concluded before a NATO summit in Chicago next month.An official statement issued by Gilani after the meeting hinted at lifting of the almost five-month-old blockade."The US- Pakistan bilateral relationship is an important one and we must be mindful of our national interest and uphold our territorial integrity and national sovereignty," Gilani said."Now, we need to move beyond [the] review," he added. (ANI)
Putin urges end to 'shameful' political killings following Nemtsov's murder Mar 5, 11:05 am
London, March 05 (ANI): Russian President Vladimir Putin has urged that the "shameful" political killings should be put to an end, after the murder of opposition politician Boris Nemtsov.Full Story »
China set to boost military budget by 10 percent in 2015 Mar 5, 10:56 am
London, Mar 05 (ANI): China will increase its military budget by about 10 percent in 2015 in order to achieve national defence modernization, according to an official.Full Story »
Mohammed Emwazi's father says no proof his son is IS 'Jihadi John' Mar 5, 10:36 am
Washington, March 05 (ANI): Father of Mohammed Emwazi, popularly known as Islamic state (IS) militant 'Jihadi John', has said that there is no proof that the masked executioner in video clips and footage is his son Mohammed.Full Story »
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Prez Ghani Mar 4, 7:51 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
- Bangladesh court upholds arrest warrants against opposition leader Khaleda Zia in graft cases
- Pakistan must look its own needs, parity with India unattainable: Hussain Haqqani
- Turkish Airlines plane skids off runway in Kathmandu
- Journalists at Mirror Group Newspapers 'hack' phones on 'daily basis'
- US Justice Department concludes Ferguson police 'racially biased' post civil rights probe
- Sydney's radio network might lose broadcasting license over royal prank call
- Father of IS Jihadi John calls son 'a dog, an animal, a terrorist'
- Ex-CIA chief to admit to mishandling 'classified materials' under plea deal
- Iran nuclear talks: Netanyahu warns US against striking 'bad deal' that will make way for nuclear bomb
- Hina Rabbani Khar says India-Pak foreign secretary meeting just 'talks about talks'
TOP VIDEO STORIES