Wills-Kat will run in next year's London marathon, says Prince HarryApr 23, 1:11 pm
Harry made the announcement while presenting trophies to the winners of this year’s race, the Daily Express reported.
“What’s fantastic is my brother and his wife will be doing it next year,” Harry told the BBC’s Sue Barker and millions of TV viewers.
“I have been trying to get myself a place for years. I can’t get myself a place. What do you have to do?” he added.
Barker, clearly amazed at the news, responded: “You’ve just said that live on air.”
Harry, known for his sense of humour, declared: “He’s going to have to do it now, isn’t he?”
But Clarence House failed to go along with the joke.
Announcing that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had no firm plans to enter the race, a spokesman said: “It was tongue in cheek.”
- India's 'popularity' falls sharply since last year globally, finds poll
- ACHR says Chief Justice Regmi becoming an obstacle to holding free and fair polls in Nepal
- English Defence League retaliates following Woolwich terror attack
- Germany named most popular country in world: Poll
- Pak court rejects Musharraf bail in judges' detention case
- South Africa's opposition rejects 'cover-up' official report on Gupta wedding scandal
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack in busy London street
- Nawaz Sharif's govt. to continue Benazir Bhutto's policy of reconciliation
- Cameron vows to fight terrorism following 'sickening' attack on British soldier
- Talks with Taliban prerogative of Pak govt., says envoy Olson