China denounces Philippines's call for other countries to show stance on South China SeaApr 23, 4:49 pm
Beijing, April 23 (Xinhua-ANI): China on Monday denounced Philippine Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario's call for other countries to take a stand regarding the South China Sea, adding that China's stance on safeguarding its territory and sovereignty is "clear" and "firm."Del Rosario, in a Sunday message sent to reporters, urged other countries to "consider what China is endeavoring to do" on the Huangyan Island in the South China Sea.The Philippines has claimed sovereignty over the island, which is part of Chinese territory."The Huangyan Island concerns China's sovereignty and the stance of the Chinese government on safeguarding its territory and sovereignty is clear and firm," Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Weimin said at a regular press briefing.In the message, del Rosario called for other countries to "take a stand" on China's actions regarding the South China Sea."It will only complicate and scale up the issue to ask other countries to take sides over sovereignty issues," Liu said, adding that such a move will not help to properly settle the current situation.On April 10, twelve Chinese fishing boats were harassed on by a Philippine Navy gunboat while taking refuge from harsh weather in a lagoon near the Huangyan Island. Two Chinese Marine Surveillance ships conducting routine patrols in the area later came to the fishermen's rescue. (Xinhua-ANI)
Indo-US nuclear deal detrimental to deterrence stability in South Asia: Pakistan Jan 27, 10:52 pm
Islamabad, Jan. 27 (ANI): Pakistan on Tuesday said the operationalization of the Indo-US nuclear deal for political and economic expediencies would have a detrimental impact on deterrence stability in South Asia.Full Story »
Nato slams Putin's remarks on 'foreign legion' in Ukraine Jan 27, 6:21 pm
London, Jan 27 (ANI): Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has rebuffed Russian President Vladimir Putin's claim that the Ukrainian army operates as a "foreign legion" for the alliance, calling it "nonsense".Full Story »
Ex-diplomat Placido D'Souza mourns loss of cartoonist R.K. Laxman Jan 27, 5:18 pm
San Francisco (US), Jan.27(ANI): Former diplomat and artist Placido D'Souza has expressed his sorrow over the passing away of well known cartoonist R.K. Laxman, whom he described as a good friend and a man who had helped him in many ways.Full Story »
Obama leading high-powered delegation to Saudi Arabia Jan 27, 4:44 pm
New Delhi/Washington, Jan.27 (ANI): U.S. President Barack Obama will be leading a high profile bipartisan delegation to Saudi Arabia to offer condolences for the recent death of King Abdullah and pay respects to his successor King Salman.Full Story »
- 10 killed as F-16 fighter jet crashes into other planes during Nato exercise
- Newly mom Chelsea Clinton opens up about 'motherhood'
- President Obama following wrong David Cameron on Twitter!
- US assures Pak TTP Chief Mullah Fazlullah will be arrested, killed in Afghanistan
- Now, Mumbai mastermind Hafiz Saeed opens free ambulance service in futile bid to win legitimacy
- UN-ESCAP is working for Afghanistan`s growth and sustenance
- Man behind White House drone crash incident claims was a 'recreational accident'
- Villa where Dodi wooed Princess Diana sold for 70M pounds
- Malaysian Airlines' official website hacked by ' Lizard Squad Cyber Caliphate' group
- FBI busts Russian spy ring trying to gather intelligence on US sanctions against Russia
TOP VIDEO STORIES