Pak SC to announce verdict on contempt of court case against Gilani on April 26Apr 24, 4:40 pm
Islamabad, Apr 24(ANI): The Pakistan Supreme Court has reserved its judgement in the contempt case against Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and will announce its verdict on April 26, 2012.A seven-member bench, headed by Justice Nasirul Mulk, asked Gilani's lawyer, Aitzaz Ahsan, to ensure that Gilani is present in court on that day.Gilani had earlier attended the proceedings twice in the ongoing contempt of court case. Meanwhile, Ahsan pointed out that Pakistan Attorney General Irfan Qadir had agreed that according to the current record, there was no contempt of court case against Gilani.Qadir had earlier accused section of the media was reporting against him, alleging that he had sided with the premier's counsel, Aitzaz Ahsan and was trying to bail out Gilani.He gave the reference of Section 8 (2) and said that the court can release orders to stop such reporting, The Express Tribune reports.Qadir said that such media reports were creating pressure in the case and were trying to influence the court proceedings.Justice Sarmad Jalal Usmani questioned if he thought that the court was being influenced, and Qadir in turn replied that even if the court wasn't getting influenced, he found the statements offensive and prayed to the court to take action against them. (ANI)
U.S displeased over India's stand on WTO deal Jul 26, 10:38 pm
Geneva (Switzerland), July 26 (ANI): The United States today expressed its displeasure over India stalling worldwide reforms of trade facilitation, warning that its demands could kill global trade reform efforts.Full Story »
Swaraj meets political leadership of Nepal during her official trip Jul 26, 8:40 pm
Kathmandu (Nepal), July 26 (ANI): Visiting External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj today met with the top political leadership of Nepal during her official trip .Full Story »
Sushma Swaraj meets her Nepalese counterpart, holds talks to boost ties Jul 26, 7:32 pm
Kathmandu (Nepal), July 26 (ANI): External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj today co-chaired with her Nepalese counterpart, Mahendra Bahadur Pandey, the first meeting of the Joint Commission held here after a gap of 23 years.Full Story »
US army is developing pocket-sized surveillance drones: Report Jul 26, 5:09 pm
Washington, July 26 (ANI): The United States army is reportedly developing pocket-sized drones which will enable them to monitor dangerous environments aerially.Full Story »
- Swaraj interacts with Nepal's leaders
- BNP has missed train, will have to wait till next polls: Hasina
- Hillary Clinton says 'tough, arrogant' Putin also capable of 'charm'
- Pak Army denies receiving government orders to take charge of Islamabad: Reports
- MH17 plane crash: Ukraine warns rebels 'to surrender or die'
- Omar Abdullah claims US prisoner swap brokered by Taliban, 'spectacular achievement'
- Pak SC turns down Musharraf's plea for early hearing of government appeal in ECL case
- One-third Americans think Obama should be impeached, reveals poll
- Instagram selfies of pro-Russian woman wearing makeup looted from MH17 crash site sparks outrage
- Veteran Pakistan journalist Majid Nizami passes away
TOP VIDEO STORIES