US House Speaker Boehner urges Democrats to work to regain majorityApr 24, 5:58 pm
Washington, April 24 (ANI): House of |Representatives Speaker John Boehner believes that the Democrats have a very good chance of dominating Congressional elections this year, but warned party leaders and activists hoping to secure a seat that would have to work hard to secure a win. Fox News quoted Boehner, as saying: "There's a one-in-three chance we could lose. I'm being myself, frank. We've got a big challenge, and we've got work to do."Democrats face a battle in their efforts to take back the House, where Republicans hold a 242-190-seat advantage.In total, 33 Senate seats are in play this year, with 23 currently held by Democrats and 10 held by Republicans. Ten of those 33 seats are open-again, the state of play is in the Republicans' favor, with seven held by Democrats and three held by Republicans.Currently, the Democrats are clinging to a fragile six-vote majority. In the House, a flurry of redistricting decisions appears to be working as of late in the Democrats' favor, though the chaotic process has stung both parties repeatedly.The Democrats need 25 seats in the House to regain the majority-a very steep climb in a year when neither party is particularly popular. The Democrats are thought to have far more safe seats than Republicans going into November. Earlier this year, the Rothenberg Political Report projected a Democratic pick-up of between five and 12 seats. (ANI)
U.S displeased over India's stand on WTO deal Jul 26, 10:38 pm
Geneva (Switzerland), July 26 (ANI): The United States today expressed its displeasure over India stalling worldwide reforms of trade facilitation, warning that its demands could kill global trade reform efforts.Full Story »
Swaraj meets political leadership of Nepal during her official trip Jul 26, 8:40 pm
Kathmandu (Nepal), July 26 (ANI): Visiting External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj today met with the top political leadership of Nepal during her official trip .Full Story »
Sushma Swaraj meets her Nepalese counterpart, holds talks to boost ties Jul 26, 7:32 pm
Kathmandu (Nepal), July 26 (ANI): External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj today co-chaired with her Nepalese counterpart, Mahendra Bahadur Pandey, the first meeting of the Joint Commission held here after a gap of 23 years.Full Story »
US army is developing pocket-sized surveillance drones: Report Jul 26, 5:09 pm
Washington, July 26 (ANI): The United States army is reportedly developing pocket-sized drones which will enable them to monitor dangerous environments aerially.Full Story »
- Swaraj interacts with Nepal's leaders
- BNP has missed train, will have to wait till next polls: Hasina
- Hillary Clinton says 'tough, arrogant' Putin also capable of 'charm'
- Pak Army denies receiving government orders to take charge of Islamabad: Reports
- MH17 plane crash: Ukraine warns rebels 'to surrender or die'
- Omar Abdullah claims US prisoner swap brokered by Taliban, 'spectacular achievement'
- Pak SC turns down Musharraf's plea for early hearing of government appeal in ECL case
- One-third Americans think Obama should be impeached, reveals poll
- Instagram selfies of pro-Russian woman wearing makeup looted from MH17 crash site sparks outrage
- Veteran Pakistan journalist Majid Nizami passes away
TOP VIDEO STORIES