North Korea marks army's 80th founding anniversaryApr 25, 4:22 pm
Pyongyang, April 25 (Xinhua-ANI): The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) held a national meeting on Wednesday to mark the 80th anniversary of the founding of the Korean People's Army (KPA).KPA Supreme Commander Kim Jong Un, also first secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and first chairman of the National Defense Commission, was present at the meeting.Addressing the meeting, Ri Yong Ho, chief of the General Staff of the KPA, said the founding of the KPA by commander Kim Il Sung 80 years ago ushered in a new history of building the revolutionary armed forces. He said leader Kim Jong Il strengthened the KPA and made the DPRK a world-level military power.Kim Jong Un, "a brilliant commander of Songun (military-first)," would strengthen the might of the KPA and lead the Korean revolution to a new victory, Ri said.Ri also warned South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, saying anyone who provokes or hurts the DPRK's dignity would be undoubtedly defeated.He called on DPRK soldiers to "defend with their lives the Party Central Committee headed by Great Comrade Kim Jong Un" and fulfill their duty in the struggle for national reunification and in the revolutionary cause of Juche. (Xinhua-ANI)
Indo-US nuclear deal detrimental to deterrence stability in South Asia: Pakistan Jan 27, 10:52 pm
Islamabad, Jan. 27 (ANI): Pakistan on Tuesday said the operationalization of the Indo-US nuclear deal for political and economic expediencies would have a detrimental impact on deterrence stability in South Asia.Full Story »
Nato slams Putin's remarks on 'foreign legion' in Ukraine Jan 27, 6:21 pm
London, Jan 27 (ANI): Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has rebuffed Russian President Vladimir Putin's claim that the Ukrainian army operates as a "foreign legion" for the alliance, calling it "nonsense".Full Story »
Ex-diplomat Placido D'Souza mourns loss of cartoonist R.K. Laxman Jan 27, 5:18 pm
San Francisco (US), Jan.27(ANI): Former diplomat and artist Placido D'Souza has expressed his sorrow over the passing away of well known cartoonist R.K. Laxman, whom he described as a good friend and a man who had helped him in many ways.Full Story »
Obama leading high-powered delegation to Saudi Arabia Jan 27, 4:44 pm
New Delhi/Washington, Jan.27 (ANI): U.S. President Barack Obama will be leading a high profile bipartisan delegation to Saudi Arabia to offer condolences for the recent death of King Abdullah and pay respects to his successor King Salman.Full Story »
- 10 killed as F-16 fighter jet crashes into other planes during Nato exercise
- Newly mom Chelsea Clinton opens up about 'motherhood'
- President Obama following wrong David Cameron on Twitter!
- US assures Pak TTP Chief Mullah Fazlullah will be arrested, killed in Afghanistan
- Now, Mumbai mastermind Hafiz Saeed opens free ambulance service in futile bid to win legitimacy
- UN-ESCAP is working for Afghanistan`s growth and sustenance
- Man behind White House drone crash incident claims was a 'recreational accident'
- Villa where Dodi wooed Princess Diana sold for 70M pounds
- Malaysian Airlines' official website hacked by ' Lizard Squad Cyber Caliphate' group
- FBI busts Russian spy ring trying to gather intelligence on US sanctions against Russia
TOP VIDEO STORIES