'Adult film' star Koo Stark to sue Murdoch's US-based News Corp over phone-hacking

   Apr 28, 12:18 pm

London, Apr 28 (ANI): Duke of York Prince Andrew's former girlfriend Koo Stark is set to launch legal action in the US against Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, saying she was a victim of phone hacking at the News of the World.

Stark is the first person to be confirmed as considering legal action against News Corp in the US over the hacking scandal, which has so far has been largely confined to the UK.

According to The Daily Mail, the American actress claimed that her phone was hacked while she was on US soil.

Stark is a client of Mark Lewis, the solicitor representing many celebrities who have won damages against Murdoch's now defunct British tabloid.

Stark dated Prince Andrew after his return from the Falklands War in the early 1980s, and marriage seemed on the cards.

But when it emerged that Stark had acted in a mildly erotic film some years earlier, the romance ended.

Meanwhile, the report said Lewis is representing at least two other clients who may file civil lawsuits in the US over alleged phone-hacking by New York-based News Corp.

Earlier this month, he said one of the alleged victims was connected to Princess Diana and the royal household, while a second has links to the England football team. (ANI)

Is Cressida Bonas 'too carefree' for Royal Family? Apr 16, 5:21 pm
Washington, April 16 (ANI): Prince Harry's friends reportedly don't think his girlfriend Cressida Bonas is the right woman for him.
Full Story
Chinese President Xi asks air force to increase militarization of space Apr 16, 4:16 pm
Washington, Apr 16 (ANI): China's president Xi Jinping has reportedly urged Beijing's air force to speed up its air and space integration.
Full Story
Berlin bans street performers from 'Disneyfying' Brandenburg Gate Apr 16, 4:05 pm
London, April 16 (ANI): Autorities in Berlin have banned street performers, who dress up as Mickey Mouse, Darth Vader and Berlin Bear characters, from the Brandenburg Gate.
Full Story
Egypt court bans Muslim Brotherhood members from running in polls Apr 16, 4:05 pm
Johannesburg, Apr 16 (ANI): An Egypt court has reportedly banned members of "terror outfit" Muslim Brotherhood from running in polls.
Full Story
Comments

LATEST STORIES
TOP VIDEO STORIES
PHOTO GALLERY