DPRK leader guides combined military exerciseApr 28, 1:49 pm
Pyongyang, Apr 28 (Xinhua-ANI): Top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) Kim Jong Un recently observed a combined military exercise marking the 80th anniversary of the Korean People's Army (KPA), the official news agency KCNA said Saturday.The report, without specifying the date of the exercise, said Kim, also the supreme commander of the KPA, guided the military maneuver and expressed satisfaction with the success of the exercise.Kim also called on all the officers and service personnel to "mercilessly wipe out the enemies with the arms of justice and revenge if they dare provoke."The exercise involved aircraft, tanks, armored personnel carriers, artillery and infantry from combined unit 655, said the report.The 80th anniversary of the KPA was celebrated on Wednesday with a national meeting, during which DPRK officials issued a stern warning to South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, saying anyone who provokes or hurts the DPRK 's dignity would be undoubtedly defeated. (Xinhua-ANI)
Indo-US nuclear deal detrimental to deterrence stability in South Asia: Pakistan Jan 27, 10:52 pm
Islamabad, Jan. 27 (ANI): Pakistan on Tuesday said the operationalization of the Indo-US nuclear deal for political and economic expediencies would have a detrimental impact on deterrence stability in South Asia.Full Story »
Nato slams Putin's remarks on 'foreign legion' in Ukraine Jan 27, 6:21 pm
London, Jan 27 (ANI): Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has rebuffed Russian President Vladimir Putin's claim that the Ukrainian army operates as a "foreign legion" for the alliance, calling it "nonsense".Full Story »
Ex-diplomat Placido D'Souza mourns loss of cartoonist R.K. Laxman Jan 27, 5:18 pm
San Francisco (US), Jan.27(ANI): Former diplomat and artist Placido D'Souza has expressed his sorrow over the passing away of well known cartoonist R.K. Laxman, whom he described as a good friend and a man who had helped him in many ways.Full Story »
Obama leading high-powered delegation to Saudi Arabia Jan 27, 4:44 pm
New Delhi/Washington, Jan.27 (ANI): U.S. President Barack Obama will be leading a high profile bipartisan delegation to Saudi Arabia to offer condolences for the recent death of King Abdullah and pay respects to his successor King Salman.Full Story »
- 10 killed as F-16 fighter jet crashes into other planes during Nato exercise
- Newly mom Chelsea Clinton opens up about 'motherhood'
- President Obama following wrong David Cameron on Twitter!
- US assures Pak TTP Chief Mullah Fazlullah will be arrested, killed in Afghanistan
- Now, Mumbai mastermind Hafiz Saeed opens free ambulance service in futile bid to win legitimacy
- UN-ESCAP is working for Afghanistan`s growth and sustenance
- Man behind White House drone crash incident claims was a 'recreational accident'
- Villa where Dodi wooed Princess Diana sold for 70M pounds
- Malaysian Airlines' official website hacked by ' Lizard Squad Cyber Caliphate' group
- FBI busts Russian spy ring trying to gather intelligence on US sanctions against Russia
TOP VIDEO STORIES