Malik says Sharif brothers involved in corruption worth $32mApr 29, 10:47 am
Islamabad, Apr 29(ANI): The Pakistan government has decided to send references against the Sharif brothers to the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) for alleged corruption to the tune of 32 million dollars, Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said.Malik showed some documents, which he said revealed that Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif and Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif were involved in a scam. "Each and every booklet speaks of their corruption. I want to ask you only one thing Shahbaz Sharif: Tell me where did you get this $32 million from? I will prove that this is the looted money of this poor nation," The Express Tribune quoted Sharif, as saying.Malik said that this was just the first episode and added he will later reveal the alleged corruption in further detail.He asked the Pakistan Supreme Court to take a suo moto notice of the scam in which the precious money from the national exchequer was sent abroad.He said that being an Interior Minister, he could have directed the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to register a case against those involved in money laundering scams and get them arrested, but he decided to refer the case to the NAB for an independent inquiry. (ANI)
Army chief concerned over US violation of Pak sovereignty May 25, 2:26 pm
Rawalpindi, May 25 (ANI): Army Chief General Raheel Sharif in a meeting with the United States Ambassador to Pakistan David Hale has expressed serious concerns over the US drone strike in Balochistan which killed Afghan Taliban chief Mullah Akhtar Mansour.Full Story »
Two persons killed in floods in Nepal's Bajura district May 25, 2:23 pm
Bajura (Nepal), May 25 (ANI): At least two persons died and seven others were injured after being swept away by a flood in Nepal's Rugin VDC of Bajura district on Wednesday.Full Story »
Afghanistan shuts Angoor Adda border crossing May 25, 2:07 pm
Karachi, May 25 (ANI): The Afghan authorities have closed the Angoor Adda border crossing in South Waziristan after it was handed over to them.Full Story »
Lankan Prez to leave for Japan today to attend G7 Summit May 25, 2:02 pm
Colombo, May 25 (ANI): Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena will leave for Japan today to participate in the G7 Summit.Full Story »
- President Mukherjee calls on Chinese investors to be part of India's 'growth story'
- Federal Alliance seeks 'formal invitation' for talks from PM Oli
- Donald Trump's Washington win overshadowed by protest
- Ten killed in Kabul suicide attack
- Rewriting statute not needed, amendment will do: Rajendra Mahato
- Singaporean arrested with three kilogram gold in Nepal airport
- Afghan Taliban confirms Mullah Mansour's death, elect his successor
- Pakistan needs to actively pursue terrorist organizations using their soil: U.S.
- U.S. clears reimbursement fund for Pakistan for 'anti-terrorism efforts'
- U.S. Congress alarmed over supply of Chinese nuclear weapons mobility systems to Pakistan
TOP VIDEO STORIES