Libya's ruling council decides to keep current cabinet in placeApr 30, 3:50 pm
Tripoli, Apr 30 (ANI): The head of Libya's ruling National Transitional Council (NTC) has said that the interim government would stay in place to ensure the success of the June elections for a constituent assembly."Because of concerns about stability and building the state during this delicate stage... and to guarantee the success of the election... the council has decided to keep on the interim government," NTC chief Mustafa Abdel Jalil said.The fate the interim government was decided at a high level meeting less than two months before the first national elections to be held following the ouster of Muammar Gaddafi's regime.According to News24, Abdel Jalil said the government should 'focus its efforts on several points during this difficult period.'He listed areas such as decentralisation of power, restoring security and the authority of the state, collecting weapons and boosting border security.Several NTC members had publicly attacked interim Prime Minister Abdel Rahim al-Kib and threatened a no confidence vote, particularly criticising his government for carrying out slow reforms.According to the report, Abdel Jalil's statement smashed widespread expectations that there would be a cabinet reshuffle or even a government change after days of public barbs between the two branches of government. (ANI)
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Chief Executive Mar 4, 4:54 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
Bangladesh court upholds arrest warrants against opposition leader Khaleda Zia in graft cases Mar 4, 4:54 pm
Dhaka, March 04 (ANI): A court in Dhaka has upheld the arrest warrants against the opposition leader of Bangladesh and chairperson of Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) Khaleda Zia in Zia Orphanage Trust and Charitable graft cases.Full Story »
Pakistan must look its own needs, parity with India unattainable: Hussain Haqqani Mar 4, 4:36 pm
London, Mar.4 (ANI): Former Pakistani diplomat Hussain Haqqani has advised his country not to seek parity with India and to look after its own needs and interests to ensure both progress and stability.Full Story »
Turkish Airlines plane skids off runway in Kathmandu Mar 4, 4:02 pm
Kathmandu, Mar.4 (ANI): Passengers aboard a Turkish Airlines plane had a narrow escape, when the aircraft skidded off the runway while landing at the Tribuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, Nepal, on Weednesday.Full Story »
- US Justice Department concludes Ferguson police 'racially biased' post civil rights probe
- Sydney's radio network might lose broadcasting license over royal prank call
- Father of IS Jihadi John calls son 'a dog, an animal, a terrorist'
- Ex-CIA chief to admit to mishandling 'classified materials' under plea deal
- Iran nuclear talks: Netanyahu warns US against striking 'bad deal' that will make way for nuclear bomb
- Hina Rabbani Khar says India-Pak foreign secretary meeting just 'talks about talks'
- Nepal says human poo on Everest threatens to spread diseases on world's highest peak
- US says Pak's tensions with India directly impacts country's strategy in Afghanistan
- Pak ambassador to US says ban on Haqqani network 'still under consideration'
- Book reveals Musharraf kept Sharif, Kayani in dark while conducting Kargil Operation in 1999
TOP VIDEO STORIES