No one should expect Chinese people to leave their own path: State Councilor BingguoMay 3, 12:18 pm
Beijing, May 3 (Xinhua-ANI): Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo said Thursday that no one should expect the Chinese people to leave their own path.Dai made the remarks at the opening session of the fourth round the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogues. He pointed out in particular that the fundamental way to managing state-to-state relations is to abide by the basic norms governing international relations, namely, to respect each other's sovereignty, core interests and choice of social system and development path.""This is particularly important for the relations between major countries," Dai said."The 1.3 billion Chinese people have the right to take a development path different from that of the United States and other western countries, a path that truly suits China's national conditions and benefits not only the Chinese people but also the whole world," he added.The fourth round of the China-U.S. Strategic and Economic Dialogue (S andED) started Thursday morning in Beijing.The dialogue is co-chaired by Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan and Dai Bingguo, special representatives of Chinese President Hu Jintao, and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, special representatives of U.S. President Barack Obama. (Xinhua-ANI)
Meet her Royal Highness, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana May 4, 9:31 pm
London, May 4 (ANI): The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's new baby daughter has been named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, the Kensington Palace has announced.Full Story »
India to stand shoulder to shoulder with Nepal: Ranjit Rae May 4, 7:42 pm
Kathmandu, May 4 (ANI): Indian Ambassador to Nepal Ranjit Rae on Monday said that New Delhi will provide all assistance to the earthquake-hit Himalayan nation in its rehabilitation process and will stand shoulder to shoulder with it.Full Story »
Nepal: NDRF to make demobilisation plan to send troops back to India May 4, 6:13 pm
Kathmandu, May 4 (ANI): The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) on Monday confirmed that the Nepal Government has asked the search and rescue teams from 34 countries to withdraw their operations from the earthquake-hit areas of the country, adding that it will make a demobilisation plan for the same.Full Story »
Ex-CIA official says agency failed to see Al Qaeda's rebound post Bin Laden's death May 4, 6:05 pm
Washington, May 04 (ANI): A new book written by the Central Investigative Agency's deputy director has claimed that the United States intelligence agencies "badly misjudged" Al Qaeda's ability to take advantage of the political chaos in the Middle East and regain strength across the region in the aftermath of Osama bin Laden's death.Full Story »
- Indiana woman convicted for self-abortion sparks debate over women's reproductive rights
- Ex-US President Jimmy Carter says Netanyahu 'never believed in two-state solution for Israel, Palestine'
- Kate Middleton's mum ecstatic about new princesses birth
- John Kerry pacifies worried Israel over nuclear deal saying will not let Iran 'move quickly to bomb'
- German prosecutor probing spy agency's 'decade-long secret partnership' with NSA
- Italian coastguard saves thousands of migrants in Mediterranean in one of its largest operations
- Most buildings in Kathmandu unsafe or uninhabitable after quake, says survey
- 'New uncle' Prince Harry says baby Princess is 'beautiful'
- Two suspects killed, cop wounded in shooting outside Texas' Prophet Muhammad depiction contest
- Kate Middleton deemed `too beautiful` by Russians to have given birth
TOP VIDEO STORIES