No one should expect Chinese people to leave their own path: State Councilor BingguoMay 3, 12:18 pm
Beijing, May 3 (Xinhua-ANI): Chinese State Councilor Dai Bingguo said Thursday that no one should expect the Chinese people to leave their own path.Dai made the remarks at the opening session of the fourth round the China-US Strategic and Economic Dialogues. He pointed out in particular that the fundamental way to managing state-to-state relations is to abide by the basic norms governing international relations, namely, to respect each other's sovereignty, core interests and choice of social system and development path.""This is particularly important for the relations between major countries," Dai said."The 1.3 billion Chinese people have the right to take a development path different from that of the United States and other western countries, a path that truly suits China's national conditions and benefits not only the Chinese people but also the whole world," he added.The fourth round of the China-U.S. Strategic and Economic Dialogue (S andED) started Thursday morning in Beijing.The dialogue is co-chaired by Chinese Vice Premier Wang Qishan and Dai Bingguo, special representatives of Chinese President Hu Jintao, and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, special representatives of U.S. President Barack Obama. (Xinhua-ANI)
Putin urges end to 'shameful' political killings following Nemtsov's murder Mar 5, 11:05 am
London, March 05 (ANI): Russian President Vladimir Putin has urged that the "shameful" political killings should be put to an end, after the murder of opposition politician Boris Nemtsov.Full Story »
China set to boost military budget by 10 percent in 2015 Mar 5, 10:56 am
London, Mar 05 (ANI): China will increase its military budget by about 10 percent in 2015 in order to achieve national defence modernization, according to an official.Full Story »
Mohammed Emwazi's father says no proof his son is IS 'Jihadi John' Mar 5, 10:36 am
Washington, March 05 (ANI): Father of Mohammed Emwazi, popularly known as Islamic state (IS) militant 'Jihadi John', has said that there is no proof that the masked executioner in video clips and footage is his son Mohammed.Full Story »
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Prez Ghani Mar 4, 7:51 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
- Bangladesh court upholds arrest warrants against opposition leader Khaleda Zia in graft cases
- Pakistan must look its own needs, parity with India unattainable: Hussain Haqqani
- Turkish Airlines plane skids off runway in Kathmandu
- Journalists at Mirror Group Newspapers 'hack' phones on 'daily basis'
- US Justice Department concludes Ferguson police 'racially biased' post civil rights probe
- Sydney's radio network might lose broadcasting license over royal prank call
- Father of IS Jihadi John calls son 'a dog, an animal, a terrorist'
- Ex-CIA chief to admit to mishandling 'classified materials' under plea deal
- Iran nuclear talks: Netanyahu warns US against striking 'bad deal' that will make way for nuclear bomb
- Hina Rabbani Khar says India-Pak foreign secretary meeting just 'talks about talks'
TOP VIDEO STORIES