Sharjah cracks whip on low-income bachelorsMay 6, 4:35 pm
Sharjah, May 6 (ANI): The Sharjah municipality is taking strict measures to relocate low-income bachelors who are living in villas in residential colonies.According to municipality officials, bachelors pose a security threat to families who feel unsafe living next to them. In a raid that took place last week, the municipality discovered 45 low-income workers overcrowding a home in the Wasit area.According to Gulf News, the municipality reported that 40 percent of bachelors have been evicted so far.According to a municipal rule, low-income workers or those earning less than 4,000 Dirhams a month are required to live either in a worker's accommodation, or in industrial areas, regardless of their profession. Municipality chief Abdullah Al Mualla said municipal inspectors would soon carry out raids in Samnan, Halwan, Al Khezammia and Al Mansura.Many bachelors have complained of finding it difficult to find accommodation. (ANI)
Over 7 in 10 Americans favour more moral policing in US: Gallup Poll May 23, 5:22 pm
Washington, May 23 (ANI): A whopping 72 percent of Americans or more than seven in ten, believe the country needs more moral policing as the state of the union is 'getting worse'.Full Story »
Australia, India strengthen agriculture skills ties May 23, 5:22 pm
New Delhi, May 23 (ANI): Australia and India today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to develop and strengthen cooperation in skills training in the agriculture sector.Full Story »
Chinese artist Ai Weiwei rages against state abuses in 'Dumbass' song May 23, 4:27 pm
London, May 23 (ANI): Chinese artist and dissident Ai Weiwei has released an expletive-ridden heavy metal music video criticising abuses of state power in China.Full Story »
12 killed, 17 injured as bomb hits security vehicle in SW Pakistan May 23, 3:51 pm
Islamabad, May 23 (Xinhua-ANI): At least 12 people including 10 security men were killed and 17 others injured when a bomb hit security forces' vehicle in Pakistan's southwest Quetta city on Thursday morning, local officials said.Full Story »
- South African MP says Prez Zuma root cause of 'Guptagate'
- Sonia Gandhi, Nooyi among Indians in Forbes world's top 100 'Most Powerful Women List'
- Angela Merkel tops Forbes 'Most Powerful Women' list for third successive year
- North Korea sends envoy to China
- Pakistan: Blasphemy conundrum
- Brit MPs spend over 250000 pounds on booze
- Pakistan one of world's most 'negative' nations: Poll
- Captain of ill-fated Costa Concordia to face trial for manslaughter
- 'Sharp decline in US drone strikes in Pakistan'
- Iran upgrading nuclear program: IAEA
TOP VIDEO STORIES