Obama thrilled to be sleeping in own bed at Chicago homeJun 2, 3:48 pm
Washington, June 2 (ANI): President Obama will be sleeping in his own bed when he spends the night at his old South Side house in Chicago.
The President was in the city on Friday for three fundraisers in the run-up to hi re-election.
“It is good to be back home, I am sleeping in my bed tonight,” the Politico quoted Obama as telling supporters at one fundraiser.
“I’m going to go to my kitchen, I might cook something. It’s good to be home,” he said.
The Obama family owns a 1910 Hyde Park house that has gone largely unused since Obama assumed office in 2009.
Last month, Obama had been in town for the NATO summit — but was denied the opportunity to sleep in his own bed due to security and traffic concerns.
“Despite being 15 minutes away from my house, nobody would let me go home. ... They said I would cause even worse traffic. I ended up staying in hotel,” Obama had said then. (ANI)
- British travelers to face longest ever US immigration queues
- Oz jihadist charged for issuing 'how-to survive' holy war list on Facebook
- Pak judge appeals for online submissions from Indian nationals on Sarabjit case
- Toronto mayor denies video showing him smoking cocaine
- Premier Li Keqiang's maiden foreign visit set to bolster Sino-India ties
- UN agency says 1.5 mln people have fled from war-torn Syria
- Obama speaks about fatherless childhood at stop in Baltimore
- Case against Musharraf in judges' detention withdrawn
- Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf says no enmity with Taliban
- Chinese man held in PoK over Koran desecration