News Corp's phone hacking probe fails to find evidence of journalists hacking 9/11 victims' phones

   Aug 13, 5:00 pm

Washington, Aug 13(ANI): The probe into the News Corporation's phone-hacking scandal has so far failed to find any evidence of UK-based journalists being responsible for hacking the phones of 9/11 terror attack victims.

According to the sources, the US Government has widened the scope of probe to see whether they can establish a broader pattern of more recent misconduct at the company's operations in the US.

British Police overseeing the probe told the Federal Bureau of Investigation that none of the phone numbers of 9/11 victims could be cited as evidence found till date.ondon's Scotland Yard has also failed to find any evidence after examining voluminous phone records of allegedly phone-hacking victims.

A Scotland Yard spokesperson declined to comment on the ongoing probe into the scandal.

The New York Police Department has told the FBI that it has no evidence to prove that such violations actually occurred.

The FBI crime office also arrived at same conclusion, the Wall Street Journal reports.

US Attorney General Eric Holder plans to call on 9/11 victims' families to discuss their concerns about the issue.

A British newspaper, Daily Mirror had earlier alleged that News Corp. journalists had attempted to hack the phones of 9/11 victims. (ANI)

Senior Pak journo Hamid Mir wounded in gun attack in Karachi Apr 20, 11:00 am
London, Apr. 20 (ANI): A senior Pakistani television journalist, who faced threats from the Taliban, was shot and wounded by unidentified men as he left the Karachi airport for his office.
Full Story
Malaysia minister says search for flight MH370 at 'critical juncture' Apr 20, 10:43 am
Johannesburg, Apr. 20 (ANI): Malaysia's transport minister has reportedly said that the search for missing Malaysia Airline flight MH370 is at a very critical juncture.
Full Story
Nearly one fifth of China's soil contaminated, report says Apr 19, 3:32 pm
London, Apr 19 (ANI): Nearly one fifth of the soil in China is reportedly contaminated, an official study released by the country's Environmental Protection Ministry has revealed.
Full Story
Nigerian military admit 85 out of more than 100 abducted girls still missing Apr 19, 2:32 pm
London, Apr. 19 (ANI): The military in Nigeria has reportedly admitted that contrary to its earlier claims, most of the teenaged girls abducted by the Boko Haram Islamist group have not been freed.
Full Story
Comments

LATEST STORIES
TOP VIDEO STORIES
PHOTO GALLERY