Yoko Ono tweets controversial image of John Lennon's bloodied glassesMar 21, 10:53 am
London, March 21 (ANI): Peace activist Yoko Ono has entered the gun control laws debate in the US by tweeting a provocative image of Beatle John Lennon's bloodstained glasses.On what would have been the couple's 44th wedding anniversary, the artist and wife of former the dead rock star, posted the image in several posts and called for an end to gun violence, the Sky News reported.The 79-year-old, who married Lennon in Gibraltar on March 20, 1969, said that over 1,057,000 people have been killed by guns in the USA since Lennon was shot and killed on 8 Dec 1980."31,537 people are killed by guns in the USA every year. We are turning this beautiful country into war zone," she tweeted."Together, let's bring back America, the green land of peace," she wrote."The death of a loved one is a hollowing experience. After 33 years our son Sean and I still miss him. Yoko Ono Lennon," she added.Lennon was shot four times in the back by Mark Chapman who had asked for his autograph only hours before he laid in wait and killed him on December 8, 1980. (ANI)
'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', 'Ship Of Theseus' win National Film Awards Apr 16, 5:35 pm
New Delhi, April 16 (ANI): The winners of the prestigious 61st National Film Awards have been announced by the Directorate of Film Festivals and 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' and 'Ship of Theseus' have made it to the list.Full Story »
I'm glad I didn't audition for the Bella Swan role in Twilight, says Emily Browning Apr 16, 5:20 pm
London, April 16 (ANI): Emily Browning has revealed that she is glad that she didn't audition for Bella Swan's role in 'Twilight'.Full Story »
Beyonce, Jay Z set to embark on stadium tour this summer Apr 16, 4:48 pm
New York, April 16 (ANI): Jay Z and Beyonce are set to launch a 20-stadium US tour together in late June.Full Story »
Shilpa Shetty Kundra launches jewelry store in Mumbai with hubby Apr 16, 4:38 pm
New Delhi, April 16 (ANI): Shilpa Shetty Kundra along with her husband Raj Kundra, was spotted launching their very first Satyug Gold store in Mumbai.Full Story »
- Lorde ditches grunge look, glams up for Teen Vogue cover
- Shraddha Kapoor walks the ramp for Rohit Bal's new online collection
- LiLo breaks down in Oprah Winfrey's documentary clip
- Sir Paul McCartney to include fans' pics in 'Save Us' video
- Liev Schreiber, Jaden Smith set to star in 'The Good Lord Bird'
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick wedding 'not happening'
- Sussanne Roshan launches fashion academy in Mumbai
- Angelina Jolie warned Johnny Depp not to marry Amber Heard
- Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly re-team with Adam McKay for 'Border Guards'
- Sharon Stone joins Kristen Stewart in 'American Ultra'
TOP VIDEO STORIES