Clooney and Pitt star in play on gay-marriage rightsMar 5, 6:28 pm
Washington, Mar 5 (ANI): George Clooney and Brad Pitt joined forces on Saturday night in Los Angeles for a play about California's ban on same-sex marriage.The two joined a cast of Hollywood heavyweights for the West Coast premiere of 8, a play about the Proposition 8 legislation which overturned the legalisation of gay unions in the state.The one night only stage reading, held at Los Angeles' Wilshire Ebell Theatre, featured Pitt as U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker, who ruled that Prop 8 violated the U.S. Constitution.The 50-year-old Academy Award winner and veteran actor Martin Sheen read the parts of David Boies and Theodore B. Olson, respectively, who were the attorneys arguing against the ban.More than 200,000 fans logged on to YouTube.com to watch the show online, and it has now been revealed that over 2 millon dollars was raised for the American Foundation for Equal Rights.Speaking about his decision to star in the play, 'The Descendants' star said that he wanted to clarify his stance on the issue. "It's important to be on the right side of history. In 20 years, I don't want anyone to wonder where I stood. At some point people are going to look back and wonder why this was ever an issue," Contactmusic quoted The Hollywood Reporter as saying. (ANI)
Brian to make comeback on 'Family Guy' Dec 9, 4:47 pm
Washington, December 9 (ANI): The 'Family Guy' is planning to bring back Brian, the talking dog, in its episode titled 'Christmas Guy'.Full Story »
Fans outraged after fake Kanye West declares 'I am next Nelson Mandela' Dec 9, 4:32 pm
Melbourne, Dec 9 (ANI): Kanye West fans took to social networking site Twitter to express their low opinion on the rapper, after an interview saw him declaring to be "next Nelson Mandela".Full Story »
Simon Cowell admits guilt over 'letting down a friend' Dec 9, 4:32 pm
London, December 9 (ANI): Simon Cowell has confessed that he feels remorseful over his affair with Lauren Silverman.Full Story »
Boyzone celebrates two decades at top of charts Dec 9, 4:32 pm
London, December 9 (ANI): Boyzone has celebrated their 20 years of being at the top of the charts.Full Story »
- Justin Bieber calls girl fan 'beached whale'
- Kimberley Walsh launches own range of skin-tight dresses
- Harry Styles goes on second date with Kardashian sis Kendall Jenner
- Morgan Freeman and Idris Elba express grief over death of Nelson Mandela
- Is Justin Theroux unhappy with Jennifer Aniston moving her dad in?
- Miley Cyrus' 'Wrecking Ball' named most popular music video of 2013
- No one f***s with my, says Paris Hilton post brother assault
- Simon Cowell's gal pal lavished with gifts at baby shower
- Is the Kimye brand dying out?
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's syndrome diagnosis was 'a relief'
TOP VIDEO STORIES