Clooney and Pitt star in play on gay-marriage rightsMar 5, 6:28 pm
Washington, Mar 5 (ANI): George Clooney and Brad Pitt joined forces on Saturday night in Los Angeles for a play about California's ban on same-sex marriage.The two joined a cast of Hollywood heavyweights for the West Coast premiere of 8, a play about the Proposition 8 legislation which overturned the legalisation of gay unions in the state.The one night only stage reading, held at Los Angeles' Wilshire Ebell Theatre, featured Pitt as U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker, who ruled that Prop 8 violated the U.S. Constitution.The 50-year-old Academy Award winner and veteran actor Martin Sheen read the parts of David Boies and Theodore B. Olson, respectively, who were the attorneys arguing against the ban.More than 200,000 fans logged on to YouTube.com to watch the show online, and it has now been revealed that over 2 millon dollars was raised for the American Foundation for Equal Rights.Speaking about his decision to star in the play, 'The Descendants' star said that he wanted to clarify his stance on the issue. "It's important to be on the right side of history. In 20 years, I don't want anyone to wonder where I stood. At some point people are going to look back and wonder why this was ever an issue," Contactmusic quoted The Hollywood Reporter as saying. (ANI)
Why Kim K 'snubbed' Rita Ora during 2014 MTV VMAs Sep 2, 12:31 pm
Washington, Sept 2 (ANI): Kim Kardashian reportedly refused to sit near Rita Ora during 2014 MTV VMAs.Full Story »
New book reveals McQueen admitted being HIV positive before suicide Sep 2, 12:14 pm
New York, Sept 2 (ANI): An American journalist has revealed in her new book that Alexander McQueen admitted about being HIV positive before committing suicide.Full Story »
Big B becomes most popular Indian celeb on Twitter with over 10m followers Sep 2, 11:20 am
London, Sept 2 (ANI): Amitabh Bachchan has become the most popular Indian celebrity on Twitter with more than 10 million followers.Full Story »
'Game of Thrones' actor roped in for 'Star Wars: Episode VII' Sep 2, 10:57 am
London, Sept 2 (ANI): 'Game of Thrones' swordsman Miltos Yerolemou has been roped in for 'Star Wars: Episode VII'.Full Story »
- Perez Hilton apologizes for circulating J Law's nude images online
- MJ`s dad Joe is `no longer a part of the family`
- Fox News' female hosts feel 'catcalling' is alright
- Roxanne Pallett watched sex scenes for 3 hrs to prep for 'Wrong Turn 6'
- Elvis' last two jets up for grabs
- Martin Scorsese to direct casino-themed short-film starring De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' rules box office on Labor Day
- 'Broody' Simon Cowell 'wants another baby'
- I Love Liam, Liam Loves Me, claims Miley Cyrus
- Miley Cyrus claims Google 'more harmful to brain than drugs'
TOP VIDEO STORIES